The Gaia reviewed

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
Rieg

Re: The Gaia reviewed

Post by Rieg »

Besides many other keyboards I also have a Moog Little Phatty. To some extent, I think the Gaia will be more useful as a (main) solo instrument, combined as a (secondary) polyphonic instrument. (I also have a G, V-GT and V-XT). The problem with the Moog is that, since it has no effects built in, the sound are very dry and basic. I plug it into and uses the input effects from the G because of this. But since the Gaia has 3 tone layers, effects built in and are polyphonic too, it might happen I change over to it from my Moog (or uses both). However I need a bigger car soon, if dragging it all with me on gigs.

Rieg

PS: And I also want to add; I don't care if Gaia is "only" virtual analog. If it sounds better, it sounds better. That's why I consider letting it take the Moog's place.
nicktem

Post by nicktem »

I love this synth! I got it two days ago and keep getting amazed the more i get into it.
The 3 tone structure is brillaint and its versality and sound quality are fantastic!
One example of this brillaince was I was working with one of the preset trancey style leads and morphed it into this dark brooding haunted house chord, saved that, and then from there got this bright and happy chicago house chord. awesome! its so much fun.
I am amazed by the sound quality. I'm only 2 days but I can't wait to sit down this weekend on the couch and just play with it. I might even put batteries in it and take it outside. haha. so much fun. so good. well done roland.
Atlas5

Post by Atlas5 »

Yeh, just got one myself, although my wife is making me leave it in the box until my birthday (30-Dec). I keep watch youtube video's and reading the manual, can't wait.

The sounds on the web seem "brighter" than most VA's and stuff like the moog, I have a Nord Lead in the Gaia's rightful place at the moment.
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

thats mean punishment!.. when cd players came out my wife let me buy a cd player but wouldnt let me have a CD until my birthday.... I sat for two weeks...pushing one button...drawer open...drawer shut...drawer open... drawer shut
Atlas5

Post by Atlas5 »

Had to wrap the box last night, the urge to open is becoming too great!

Thanks Mystic38, you made made my day with your short story, can't stop laughing.
Atlas5

Post by Atlas5 »

opps double posting, caused by extreme gear lust.