Just got the 01

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
magikroom

Just got the 01

Post by magikroom »

Picked it up on Tuesday from PMT in Birmingham UK and like it a lot. I had a 201 that was ok, but a bit limited, but this is great. Made a few sounds straight away without the need for the manual, quite easy to use. The sound quality is very good, even using un-balanced cables and mixes well with my Korg R3 and Virus TI. A few niggles...would be great to set the arp on only one Oscillator and there's no Chorus effect, but that's only minor...gonna have fun with this!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Just got the 01

Post by Artemiy »

Chorus can be achieved with the pitch shifter, there are a few special settings there for detune knob that creates a chorus effect (I think it should be in the manual).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Chorus can be achieved with the pitch shifter, there are a few special settings there for detune knob that creates a chorus effect (I think it should be in the manual).
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

Thanks Art...it's not a problem or anything...just unusual to leave it out, as Roland have always stuck a Chorus effect on pretty much every Synth it has released...but I've got loads of outboard and mixer fx, so no worries. I'm quite happy with it, it's a good, simple board and has the "Tweak Factor"! I can't complain, my Virus TI cost me an arm and a leg, but at sub £500...am quite impressed...It's good that Roland are doing a bit more with VA...why they haven't got into the Soft Synth market surprises me...all that History...but hey...it's a good synth!