Bug Reports :

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
KRE8A

Bug Reports :

Post by KRE8A »

Please leave reports in this thread, regarding any bug issues you come across within the GAIA Synth respectively, so updates can be programmed for 'bug fix' by Roland in the near future, for rectification.

thank you.
IgorCristo

Re: Bug Reports :

Post by IgorCristo »

I bet that most "bugs" that come out will be because not everyone read the manual. It's a simple synth, without many things that can work wrong like a workstation. I think we won't see lot of bugs, just "lack" functions(for me this synth is just great!).
I'm not being critic to your post, but this is kind of negative isn't it? =D
Let's be positive and hope this little monster reveal to be durable!!
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

I understand that there can be a minimal. However, as a set example, if you look at midi controllers these days, there have been numerous bug reports when connecting with numerous software sequencer programs. These are devices that only work when utilized with a software program or virtual synths as you and I know. You would never think that a controller can have a bug (fault). But unfortunately, they do. Anything is possible mate ;) !. Also to add, I'm not putting down the synth itself in a negative way at all, - it's a little beaut ` but if there happens to be any bug occurrences, then the communication can go through here and perhaps the matter can be solved in a different way. I haven't studied nor haven't learned much about the synth itself. But I do know that it's practically a brother to the JP8000.
However, nonetheless - this section is for others and including yourself to solve bug matters if they happen to arise, you guy's can work it out amongst yourselves and solve. Besides, from hearing a lot of its demos on the net and through the forum, I completely agree that it is superb analogue machine to invest into, for whatever purpose :)
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

I understand what you mean, haven't thinked about this side of the thing (using softwares and some other stuff)... you surely opened my mind.
And yes, it's good to discuss these kind of things here. Even if minimal I think you're correct! =)
Let's hope that this section don't attract the ones who want to just criticize this great piece whithout even testing it.

Thanks for the reply... it really opened my mind! ( I don't use software, just my Fantom-G =D )
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

KRE8A, with all due respect, I do not think that putting all issues in a single topic will be convenient. How do people discuss different issues? There will be a lot of crosstalk here.

I'd just do it normally as always, discuss each issue in a new topic.
aaaaa11111

Post by aaaaa11111 »

hey guys,
maybe we can discuss a possible bug here.

first: i never played a JP8xxx or any other supersaw-model. but i can't believe there's a massive loss of higher frequencies upon G3>A3-transition or A3>H3 (depending on the wave-mod of the supersaw, you can click the button 3 times).

i already contacted roland and they told me this would be normal, no further comment due to patent secrets etc.

i hope you get my problem. i play a naked supersaw (no reso, fully open filter, no keytrack...). up to the note G3 everything is fine, a typical powerful supersaw. but a 2-semitone-pitchbend G3 (=A3) does NOT sound like a "real played" A3. the real A3 sound like someone has cut the higher frequencies.

i cant believe that a real oscillator shows such a behaviour.
can anyone reproduce this problem? confirm it as a JP8xxx user? whatever?
greatly appreciated. thanks!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

aaaaa11111:

Nice user name! Are you sure there is no strawberry jam in your keyboard? :-)

As of your issue, sounds like the SH-01 uses wavetables for some of the oscillator waveforms. This gives you the benefit of more polyphony, I recall on the V-Synth and SH-201 you could only have like 10 voices with the super saw, and I actually think the super saw sounds more warm on the SH-01.
aaaaa11111

Post by aaaaa11111 »

thanks, glad you like it :D but actually its raspberry :D

yeah from the moment i read about the polyphony i thought of wavetables, cause such a huge voicecount would cost a lot more going e.g. for a virus... but that's a different story.
still, even if you use wavetables the overall quality should stay the same, especially should a wavetable-osc not significantly change its soundspectrum like a sudden high-cut here...
ZKH42

Post by ZKH42 »

I have been trying out the SH-01 with the USB driver. The MIDI and the sound seem to be working as it should. Cubase is set to transmit MIDI Clock trough the MIDI driver and the SH-01 is set to sync to USB. I have set the Remote Keyboard setting to ON. It syncs the LFO and the effects as it should, but not the arpeggiator when I send notes from the sequencer I get only one note playing, then it goes silent. Even when playing the SH-01 keyboard! Is it a bug or a feature?
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

@ ZKH42 !

Wish I can help. Unfortunately I'm not an owner of this instrument.
However, If you don't get feed back in the near future with various topics,
always feel free to 'bump' the topic up to the top of the page again.

BUMP !
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

@ ZKH42 !

Wish I can help. Unfortunately I'm not an owner of this instrument.
However, If you don't get feed back in the near future with various topics,
always feel free to 'bump' the topic up to the top of the page again.

BUMP !
Li-Po

Post by Li-Po »

I know the difference between Analog and Digital is a factor of smoothness (among other factors certainly) for the most part at least in what is produced. If you have three tones turned on and you deselect one tone, the whole sound is reset or re-triggered. It would seem that this should be seamless. Perhaps this is the very nature of a VA, but I cannot believe that because there are soft synths which can transition much smoother in pitch whereas the GAIA seems to be very grainy.

In a case where you are playing live and want to drop a single tone from the patch, you are in a pickle or better time it to be on beat at the very least.

In all fairness this is a Great synth so far. And the price is reasonable. I am very happy to have purchased it and am having tons of fun with making sounds.

Li Po