RINGMOD in GAIA works differenty then other synths??

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
kimu

RINGMOD in GAIA works differenty then other synths??

Post by kimu »

Hi guys,

last saturady i spent one hour in a local reseller to find out one of the first GAIA available here in Italy... i have to say, it has not disappointed me but also not convinced so much as i expected... anyway i thing it deserve a much deeper try out...

by the way.... not being very much interested in preset, but more on suond design capabilities i tried the several modulation option of the gaia, among which the RINGMOD.

in other analog and VA synth, RINGMOD is a modulation that starting from two oscillators output the sum and difference of the frequencies present in each waveform and hence the original modulated waveforms are not prominent in the audio output.

in other synths, if i put to zero the level of OSC 1 and 2 (typically in the osc mixer stage before the AMP stage), i get anyway as audio output the ring modulation result. with the gaia instead, this does not works.

i think that the reason is that there is no mixer stage before amp stage, but the layered structure makes each single AMP stage working de-facto also as mixer... but i am waiting also for your opinion...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: RINGMOD in GAIA works differenty then other synths??

Post by Artemiy »

In the ring mod configuration, one of the amps is before and one of the amps is after it - not both before it.