Wanted: Soundbank tester for Roland GAIA SH-01

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
Luftrum

Wanted: Soundbank tester for Roland GAIA SH-01

Post by Luftrum »

Hello Roland Clan.

I am about to finish a soundbank with 64 ambient patches for the Roland GAIA SH-01 with a majority of Ambient Pads (32 pads in total) but also Arpeggiated and Sound Effects + a few Keys and Synths too.

Here's an audio demo of some of the pads:
http://www.luftrum.com/previews/GAIA-PADS.mp3

I need two GAIA owners who would like to take the soundbank on a test ride before release. I will ask of you to download and transfer the soundbank to your GAIA. It will overwrite all 64 existing 'User Patches' so make sure to keep a backup if you already got some you want to keep. To transfer the patches to your GAIA you need a USB flash drive.

After the transfer, a quick run through the patches would be appreciated - with some general feedback in return. As a thank you, you can keep the soundbank which will retail for 39$.

Let me know...

Luftrum
http://www.luftrum.com
luftrum (a) luftrum.com
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Wanted: Soundbank tester for Roland GAIA SH-01

Post by Artemiy »

I checked out the audio examples, and this sounds like a quality work to me! Wishing you good success with it, even though there are not that many SH-01 users now - but it work itself out in the long term. The only thing I'd suggest is keep the price at $29, that's a more widely accepted range for 60-100 patch banks.

BTW, don't forget to e-mail your press release to me when it's out, will postcthis into our news section.
RonF

Post by RonF »

I would be happy to demo them and report back to you! Please contact me!

Thanks!

Ron
rfeinberg@csi.com
Luftrum

Post by Luftrum »

Artemiy: Thank you! I will probably drop the price to 29$ which seems more reasonable for a 64 patch bank as you write. I will send you press release when it's out - thanks!

RonF: You got mail.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Luftrum, great, very glad you accept the advise! Looking forward to announce your release.
MeNotU

Post by MeNotU »

Liked them a lot, kept wanting to reach for the bass guitar lol - rumble rumble.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

I am new to sythesis, but since purchasing the GAIAI am learning fast. If you want testing from a laymans point of view I will be happy to help.

Mike

mikefurlong@btinternet.com
RonF

Post by RonF »

Just wanted to post up that Luftrum was kind enough to allow me to demo this patch bank, and I spent some quality time with them last night. These are excellent. Anyone familiar with Luftrum's other works (Alchemy, Absynth, Reason) will find these of the same high quality, very evocative and intricate. Very playable and inspiring. Takes the GAIA synth in directions many would probably never think to go. And its also very tweakable on the GAIA UI. I had a great time with the D beam and other tweaks I made with these patches, easily finding even more ideas and soundscapes. A good variety too.....some that will sit great in a full production mix, and some that could be an entire Steve Roach album by themselves!

Once he releases this, I would give these my highest recommendation. Its a very professional product.

Thanks,

Ron
frAZZO

Post by frAZZO »

I'd love to help reviewing them - if it's not too late

Fraz
MeNotU

Post by MeNotU »

Is it a big download?

If you can email it, are you not worried that it could be copied and distibuted by baddies?
Luftrum

Post by Luftrum »

Thank you for the interest people. I got the test drivers I asked for.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Luftrum also entrusted me to demo these patches. I really enjoyed this sound bank, the sounds were rich and in some cases very deep. I particularly liked switching on the other tones when they were not used only to find that these also complimented the patch or brought it to a different level. The D Beam worked very well with these patches adding to the soundscape. There were some patches I felt were average but when I listened again or left them on hold I heard what the whole sound was – fantastic. For me it was about working with them, playing, There are no average patches here, and for someone who is new to the GAIA and synthesis in general, these will definitely bring your skills up a notch or two.

A brilliant addition to the GAIA, very slick, very professional.

Thanks

Mike
Bladerunner2125

Post by Bladerunner2125 »

Luftrum Gorgeous samples, since you have a lot of experience in creating sounds what do you think of the GAIA SH01?

Regards Dale
Luftrum

Post by Luftrum »

I find the GAIA to be extremely fun to work with. The hands-on control really is the GAIA's force. I was easily lost in tweakland with countless hours of dialing, tweaking, sliding and experimenting with sounds in general... one hand on the keys and the other hovering around the various knobs and sliders like crazy. For me, that equals pure joy. :-)

It's also a really great synth if you're new to synthesis!

I could use some extra's to be added ie. how much of each OSC to send to FX and an extra LFO would really make a huge difference too + some nonlinear envelopes would add to the sound as well.

- Luftrum.
Bladerunner2125

Post by Bladerunner2125 »

Luftrum

Well I am looking forward to when the patch Bank is finished and you make it available, keep up the good work.

Dale