New Sounds & Reason

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
30secondstosam

New Sounds & Reason

Post by 30secondstosam »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some help as I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to synths!

I'm going to get Reason, is it easy to hook the Roland GAIA up to it and use it as for MIDI's running directly from the lappy?

Also - I have seen the fantastic LUFTRUM 6 release but are there any other sources for patches? I'm really looking for some awesome Piano/Strings sounds but I'm thinking I won't be able to find any as it is a synth after all!...!

Thank you all!
frAZZO

Re: New Sounds & Reason

Post by frAZZO »

I use the SH01 as the 'sound card' when I use my laptop with Reason/Record and this outputs everything throught the audio outs of the synth with one USB connection.

Fraz
Rigil

Post by Rigil »

The Gaia will play ordinary midi files and use the general midi soundbank that it has, for playback.

I found that I could play a midi file from vanBasco's karaoke player, using the Gaia as a soundcard through its usb connection and then play along a melody line from one of my user patches.

I have a few string patches I am willing to share.
30secondstosam

Post by 30secondstosam »

oohh that would be really great if you could share...!! could you put them on a download link for me please :D?
any chance anyone has some good Piano patches too? lol.
sorry i'm asking for all this stuff, but i really do appreciate the help! thank you again!
Rigil

Post by Rigil »

Soon as I can get to my studio computer, which will be next week. I can upload and send you a link

Rigil.
30secondstosam

Post by 30secondstosam »

would be great if you could :) thank you!!!
Rigil

Post by Rigil »

I have had no success trying to upload this to a free file store. Send me an email.
30secondstosam

Post by 30secondstosam »

hj
Rigil

Post by Rigil »

patches sent, check your email.