using usb memory

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
Atlas5

using usb memory

Post by Atlas5 »

I recently discovered that the file address must be correct when using a USB memory stick.

There got to be a "Roland" File Folder on the top level and inside this folder there needs to be a folder labled "SH01". The .SVD file must be in this last folder.

If not the Gaia does not seem to know the file is there, when you try and load or access via the buttons you just get every other program selection key flashing, The cool thing is after you clear the state by selecting a User or Preset Patch, everything returns to normal without write blanks into the User Patch.

I found that I can leave the extra User Patch sets in upperlevel folders on the USB Stick without any problems.

My current USB Memory Stick File structure:

Fisher/Roland/SH01/SH01_PAT.SVD
Luftrum/Roland/SH01/SH01_PAT.SVD
ATLAS1/Roland/SH01/SH01_PAT.SVD
ROLAND/SH01/SH01_PAT.SVD

I just copy what ever Patch set (ROLAND Folder) I want to the top level on my mac.

I love this thing, sounds great and is easy to program, Documentation is a little scarce. I read the stupid manual about eight times, it needs to be thicker.
skuppy

Re: using usb memory

Post by skuppy »

handy info ................Thanks Atlas5

btw ...whats the 'fisher' soundbank you are running there ?
Atlas5

Post by Atlas5 »

The Fisher set is a freebee from Rolandus for taking a survey, it's not as fun as Luftrum's, but it still interesting to see what people have programmed on the SH01
Grauw

Post by Grauw »