sysex?

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
karu

sysex?

Post by karu »

i can't find how to record the sysex from my gaia into cubase it must be some sort of button combination like everything else :)
piaknowguy

Re: sysex?

Post by piaknowguy »

A shot in the dark - Try turning your TX Edit Switch to the 'ON' option. This allows the keyboard to transmit Sysex data.

Hope that helps!
karu

Post by karu »

thanks for your reply
should mention that i have already activated all midi tx including tx edit that is the only one mentioning something about sysex but nothing happens
Grauw

Post by Grauw »

If you run the GAIA tool, you should be able to see if incoming messages are received in the log area. The Tx Edit setting corresponds to the Sync button. That should allow you to ensure that the GAIA is properly sending the sysex messages.
karu

Post by karu »

in gaia tool says it is on.
My big question is how do i capture the sysex msg?
i press something to transmit it?i record in cubase in some sort of special mode?
i dont have a clue :P
Grauw

Post by Grauw »

If the Tx Edit setting is on, they get transmitted for every controller change that isn’t mapped to a control change messages. E.g. this is the case for the ADSR controls, or the alternate effect controls (with shift pressed). The sysex messages should appear in the Gaia tool’s log when they are received (“Received: Data set 1. […] Size: 1H.”).

I don’t know how to configure Cubase to record them though.
I AM

Post by I AM »

try searchin' cubase help for "record system exclusive" or "sys.ex editor" ... some soft can't record sysex messages, but it is hardly believed that cubace is one on that list...
karu

Post by karu »

i have searched everything, i believe, but still nothing about recording sysex...
though after some experiments here are my results
The only way to record audio through usb is to set your sh-01 as your primary playback device in windows.
Through the line in of my on-board sound card, that i used to work with, the midi sequencer (cubase) would sound different when it would trigger my sh-01 instead of me playing the keys, like losing the effects, this also fixed by using the sh-01 as the primary output device.The on board sound card is locked in 48khz i don't know if this was the reason..and for not forgetting HAS ANYONE FOUND ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSEX?ONLY I WANT TO USE IT? :(