Sound creation example..

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
Mystic38

Sound creation example..

Post by Mystic38 »

hi all,

I dont have the Gaia, i went retro and got the MS2000, but a VA is a VA so i thought i would ask here.

To practice creating sounds i have decided to work thru oxygene 4 to attempt to recreate the patches.. so far so good, got the waves, got the bass and strings, got the first lead (lol..ok fine THAT was easy) but am having issues identifying/figuring out where to start with the third patch in the lead.. starts at around 1:31 in the attached youtube vide..... sounds like a phaser on top of something?.. ideas would be appreciated!

ta muchly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo
DaniH

Re: Sound creation example..

Post by DaniH »

Wait a minute......didn't you ask this over in KORGforums.com in the Radias/R3 section??
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

yes i did!,

i had figured that a subtractive VA synth is a subtractive VA synth and as brains and ears are everywhere i would ask here too (not being religious in that way..lol) .. :)

I had thought that folks were interested in sound and sound design regardless of synth, and the radias folks suggested a laser harp tutorial from a microkorg that gets the sound close enough to be a starting point.

cheers,
DaniH wrote:Wait a minute......didn't you ask this over in KORGforums.com in the Radias/R3 section??
filosofem

Post by filosofem »

My pick, Hardsync with notch filter, long flanger with slow LFO modulation with a ton of reverb. AMP Attack is fast but soft, Delay and Release both around that 1-2 second mark. Very little Sustain, if any. Filter ENV Attack sounds like it mirrors the AMP ADSR. Anybody else?