gaia versus akai miniak

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
delirium

gaia versus akai miniak

Post by delirium »

I was messing around with this little akai and I have to say
I'd rather buy miniak then gaia. Semi weighted , full size keys, sequencer, drum machine,
better build and look with some display. Not to mention gaia is twice as expensive.
Sound wise it's a draw for me, I wish miniak had more polyphony though because 8 it's a joke.
IgorCristo

Re: gaia versus akai miniak

Post by IgorCristo »

Well, for me some iPad apps also sound better than the Gaia (like Sunrizer Synth wich is a really good app!), but I really don't think there's something with a interface as good as the Gaia.
I've exchanged the Gaia for a controller (Arturia, 49 keys) and now I'm getting my Gaia back. The overall quality of the other products simply don't match... I'm going to keep my Gaia with me until I buy a Moog Little Phatty!!

I also have a V-Synth GT, but the Gaia is very portable and I don't like to carry my V-Synth everywhere I go. =)
delirium

Post by delirium »

if only gaia had better keybed... :(
SocioProf

Post by SocioProf »

I would say buy both. You can create patches on the Gaia using all the sliders and knobs, and then "translate" them to the Miniak. At least for me, exploring patches on a menu based synth like the Miniak is too tedious to work.