My FAQs about the Roland Gaia SH-01:

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
Ronski85

My FAQs about the Roland Gaia SH-01:

Post by Ronski85 »

Is it possible to use the Gaia SH-01 as a midi-controller as well?

Are the instrumental sounds like organ / guitar / ... sampled or originally generated?

Can you play (and record) the Gaia without computer? Only headphone or speakers needed?

Do the buttons and faders stay on the same place after you load a preset / synth?

Thanks already for the messages ;-)
Ronski85

Re: My FAQs about the Roland Gaia SH-01:

Post by Ronski85 »

For the people who still want to buy a Gaia SH-01 (I had my answers back via e-mail):

Is it possible to use the Gaia SH-01 as a midi-controller as well?
It's possible in some ways, the buttons and faders are sending midi through, it's not really clear to yourself what the buttons and faders are doing exactly, but it works.

Are the instrumental sounds like organ / guitar / ... sampled or originally generated?
The sounds / presets are basically sampled.

Can you play (and record) the Gaia without computer? Only headphone or speakers needed?
The Gaia synth is a instrument on his own and it works standalone, it has no speakers, it's necessary to put a headphone on or connect some speakers on this synthesiser.

Do the buttons and faders stay on the same place after you load a preset / synth?
The rotary buttons are NOT endless, it means that if you change the preset the buttons and faders are not automatically switch to the right settings.

I hope you are well informed.
huggles

Re: My FAQs about the Roland Gaia SH-01:

Post by huggles »

>> Can you play (and record) the Gaia without computer? Only headphone or speakers needed?

With regards to recording, there is a built in phrase recorder. Its pretty basic and probably better used to support recording a synth line while playing live. This synth is not a workstation and it does not have a built in sequencer.