Roland GAIA Plays Notes By Itself

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
nomad103

Roland GAIA Plays Notes By Itself

Post by nomad103 »

Hello,
I just bought a Roland GAIA SH-01 and when I plug the USB cable into the back of the GAIA and into my computer notes or a sound plays and won't stop until I unplug the USB cable. I can't use my soft synths either because of this. I'm new to this instrument and am totally baffled. Somebody, please, HELP!!!!!!!!!!
huggles

Re: Roland GAIA Plays Notes By Itself

Post by huggles »

Hi nomad103

At the point when you plug the GAIA into your computer, do you have your DAW open? Does your GAIA continue playing notes once you have closed the DAW?

I have my GAIA connected to my mac using the USB cable, and can happily sequence in Protools without any problems.
nomad103

Post by nomad103 »

Hello, huggles. Thank you for replying to my post. Whenever the roland is connected to my pc and booted up it sounds a note at random. I tried booting the roland 1st, then FL Studio, and then the vst which in that order/configuration didn't work. Even with the vst and program shut down the roland is still acting the same. And, the gaia doesn't show up in the FL Studio controller list like the other contollers such as my k49 or other genectic ones.
nomad103

Post by nomad103 »

huggles: I'm also confused and trying to figure out why the gaia isn't showing up in the controller list like the other contollers I use. As soon as i plugged the k49 back in it showed up in the list as before, but the gaia will not show in that same list. Another thing Iv'e spotted was on the output configuration ( same window ) along with asio4all the gaia was showing as an output option. This is making no sense.
huggles

Post by huggles »

Hi nomad103

Have you installed the USB driver for the GAIA?

I dont know much about FL Studio. I would suggest that you try to find the source of your problem by process of elimination.

Try connecting the GAIA to your PC and start the PC.

If you dont hear the random note, then start FL Studio

If you dont hear the random note, launch the VST, and try to find out at what point the GAIA starts playing the random notes.
nomad103

Post by nomad103 »

Hi huggles,
I'm sorry for the late reply. The past few days have been nasty, with bitter cold and snow and ice, and power outages. The problem seems to have been solved by switching USB ports on the computer. I don't know why or how, but FL Studio now recognizes the GAIA as a controller and the persistent noise has stopped. I'm at a loss as to why, but thank you for trying to help me.
huggles

Post by huggles »

great, enjoy your GAIA !!!!