Editing Arpeggio Patterns w. Grauw's Gaia Tool

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
CosmicBullard

Editing Arpeggio Patterns w. Grauw's Gaia Tool

Post by CosmicBullard »

Hello, this is my first post here. I basically put this same question as a comment on Grauw's Gaia Tool page last week, but I am eager to see if anyone else has experience with the tool, and may be able to help me out.

I’m a little confused about how the arpeggio editor works. I am to edit and implement a pattern I’ve created within a specific patch, and I was also able to save this specific pattern with the user patch, but is there any way of accessing this user created arpeggio pattern outside of the patch that it was saved to/with? After checking to see that the patch contained the user arpeggio on default, I then cycled through all arpeggio presets, but none of them contain the arpeggio that I had created. So, am I right in assuming that in creating an arpeggio pattern, it will always be tied to the specific patch in which it was programmed and saved.

I see the arpeggio section as the weakest, most underdeveloped piece of the GAIA. It's frustrating to see 64 banks of single note, straight 16th note "riffs" with no real options to access classic arpeggio patterns that rely on different note lengths, and no way to adjust any parameters on board. I wonder if there is any impetus for Roland to "unlock" this section in future firmware updates.

One other thing, when I run the tool, it progressively eats up more memory, and runs slower and slower, until I have to restart the program. The bottom window shows a repetitive general MIDI message, but I’m not sure this has anything to do with this problem.

Thanks for any help you can offer me with this issue, and feel free to add any tips you've used to make the worthless arpeggiator have some functional value.