JUNO Gi: Program Updater file not found

Forum for JUNO-Gi
jerishsolution

JUNO Gi: Program Updater file not found

Post by jerishsolution »

The problem started when the power was accidentally OFF while playing an MP3 file using a USB flash drive. Now, it is always asking an update. How matter I've turn OFF and ON the system, it stock with the screen:

Program Update
File not found

Pls help...

Thanks in advance.
tnicoson

Re: JUNO Gi: Program Updater file not found

Post by tnicoson »

Sounds like your Gi lost its firmware and is asking for a reload, so it's probably best to give it what it wants. Download the latest version firmware from the Roland site and install it. Instructions come with the download. They say to use an SD Card that was formatted in the Gi (preferably the one that came with it), but if you don't have that, you will have to try a card formatted in a computer, as it doesn't sound like your Gi is currently in any condition to format a card. If you can get to the menu system, you could try a factory reset first, but it doesn't sound like you can do that. It sounds like it is looking for the firmware as it is coming up, so if you give it a card with firmware on it, it may load it on power up all by itself without your having to hold any keys down.

Good luck !
Ian 23

Post by Ian 23 »

I'll just say thanks on his behalf then!
jerishsolution

Post by jerishsolution »

Thanks for the reply. But i already did that in fact just before posting the question here, I've found the official update from (http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... d=61922131) and successfully loaded to the system, but unfortunately this update doesn't solve the problem. After restart, the error still exist.

Hopefully Roland can address this problem soon because i'm not alone with this problem. I've talked to several roland distributors who's got the same feedback from the end-users...

I am a roland user since 90's but recently i don't recommend roland keyboards anymore...

Thanks anyway.