Juno Gi doesn't have 16 track MIDI sequencer

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Quinnx.

Re: Juno Gi doesn't have 16 track MIDI sequencer

Post by Quinnx. »

"So there are 8 tracks and you can record either a mono or stereo signal to each track."
Ooops!
"?You have eight MONO audio tracks and if you wish to record stereo, then you can LINK two tracks together."

And i was getting all excited about 8 stereo tracks (oh well.... thats bumer)
I think you should re-edit your last post too so people dont get there hopes up and then find them squashed in the next.
Slapbass

Post by Slapbass »

It's a pity Gi does´t have a midi sequencer built in, and the multitrack audio recorder seems to be limited. As a matter of fact the original JunoG has 20 stereo audio tracks,as you can assign an audio recording to a midi track .
Only advantages should be sound quality and FX improvement, SD card quick loading...and better screen !
By the way, what´s the ROM capacity against the Juno G 64 mb waveform memory?
kevintf

Post by kevintf »

hi guys,
Can i get a stereo track by bouncing a single mono track in the digital recorder with a virtual track?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

kevintf wrote:hi guys,
Can i get a stereo track by bouncing a single mono track in the digital recorder with a virtual track?
You can get two virtual tracks built from a single MONO track, but you won't get a Stereo image, only two identical tracks, one on the Right, and the other on the left, which led you a to a MONOAURAL signal, i.e, your overall Audio signal would be in the center.

Of course you can always apply different effects, like out-of-phase and panning to both tracks in order to give a more "Stereo like" result, but that's simulated stereo, not the real thing.
DM613

Post by DM613 »

As for load times, it is true, the samples have to be loaded when you turn on the board. However, it is the transmission of SD cards is the same as, oh, for example, the reason for the XF. IMO, this is not a strong selling point, and certainly not compensate for deficiencies.
Tera GoldTera GoldBuy RS Gold
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Great that the Juno Gi includes a fully featured version of Sonar....but of course MAC users get NOTHING! Great, thanks Roland for shafting us yet again. IF your going to include a sequencer software package then at least make sure it runs on both PC AND MAC. Yamaha include Cubase with their keyboards and that runs on both but of course you don't want to include Cubase because it's owned by Yamaha right?

Yes as MAC users we have GarageBand but where's the added value for us if we have to provide our own software? In any case GarageBand is not as powerful as Cubase or Sonar. SO, your excuse that the Gi's lack of MIDI sequencers is made up for in the form of Sonar doesn't hold water for MAC users as you give us absolutely zip!.

Love Roland's sound but jeez I'm going off them as a company :(
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Uhhh . . . Roland owns Cakewalk! (Twelve Tone Systems) Why would they include a competing software product with their instruments? And Sonar's target demographic is the PC user. It's not as if Apple has an 'all-inclusive' attitude concerning their product. =)
DJ RAZZ rasco

Post by DJ RAZZ rasco »

Slapbass wrote:It's a pity Gi does´t have a midi sequencer built in, and the multitrack audio recorder seems to be limited. As a matter of fact the original JunoG has 20 stereo audio tracks,as you can assign an audio recording to a midi track .
Only advantages should be sound quality and FX improvement, SD card quick loading...and better screen !
By the way, what´s the ROM capacity against the Juno G 64 mb waveform memory?
To me those are the differences that matter for I use it live.