When?

Forum for JUNO-Gi
OhioBuckeye

When?

Post by OhioBuckeye »

Anyone know when this sucker is going to be released?

OB
ocomain

Re: When?

Post by ocomain »

As squeak mentioned in another post, Sweetwater says it's shipping this month. Other retailers in the US originally said September 22nd but have now changed it to October 18th. Because Sweetwater has a special "in" with Roland, they usually stock their products before anyone else. See squeak's postings about his Juno-Di ordering experience for an example of how sometimes things can go awry with availability time frames!

Michael
squeak_D

Post by squeak_D »

Michael is correct. Sweetwater has a very special relationship with Roland. When new Roland gear hits retailers here in the USA, Sweetwater is usually the first to get them. Release dates can be a little misleading too. You have to consider how retailers bring in their sales as it's pretty tough competition out there. Sometimes release dates are posted (when not entirely accurate), and pre-ordering is pushed heavily by the retailer as well. If it's going to be a hot item.., often retailers will play with release dates and times to boost pre-order sales. Many online retailers have a goal to sell out their first shipments too. I was the very FIRST pre-order with Sweetwater for the Juno-Di. I was more than likely one of the first consumers in the USA to own a Juno-Di too. Sweetwater shipped it upon getting their shipment.., (this was on a Tuesday).., I had my Juno-Di in hand the very next day.
OhioBuckeye

Post by OhioBuckeye »

Squeak,

Are you upgrading to the GI? or sticking with your DI?

OB
squeak_D

Post by squeak_D »

Nope..., I have absolutely no interest in the Juno-Gi. If I was given the choice I'd take the Roland Juno-G over the Gi. The Gi's too much of a step backwards IMO. I don't like the direction they've taken with the new Gi.

Sqk
OhioBuckeye

Post by OhioBuckeye »

yea I'm on the other side of the fence. Given sound improvements and the digital audio recorder and the USB audio interface to me it's worth the price.

OB
cossb

Post by cossb »

you know its funny but me too! altough it look soo attractive but no srx or arx expansion, limited tone editing and wait a minute is the lfo basic too???to think about it a juno di is better or better yet the juno g! for more patch editing! when i saw that manual first of all it as alot less pages then a juno g manual....
donutninja

Post by donutninja »

I'm wondering if the keys are more playable than on the Juno G? I loved that machine, but hated the action on it. Roland's latest synths (Gaia, AX, Stage) all have had great keys, I'm hoping the Gi will follow suit.
squeak_D

Post by squeak_D »

It's more than likely it's the exact same key bed as on the Juno-Di.