Good or Bad

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Blueswaite

Good or Bad

Post by Blueswaite »

alot of discusion wheather the Gi is a workstation Alot of disappointment in this. What I would like to know is other than some thought it was a workstation as I did. What do you think a far as the sounds the 8 track record ect. I have come to relly like this unit. I miss the built in sequencer of the Juno G but love the 8 track recorder and the sounds I get from the Gi.
donutninja

Re: Good or Bad

Post by donutninja »

One of my colleagues has it, and he loves it. I had a chance to try it briefly at the local music store, and was very impressed with the sound quality.
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

Personally i would say that if you like it you simply ignore what everybody else says!.. its not a board for me thats all.. but then again, i have 4 already :)
marcuscarvalho1

Post by marcuscarvalho1 »

I don't agree when someone says Juno Gi doesn't have a sequencer. You see, when I downloaded the Juno Gi driver and Juno Gi live sets archive to my PC's SONAR LE (wich is included in Juno Gi's box), I had in hand a very simple and effective sequencer to deal with, wich had exactly the same sort of live sets the synthethizer has. Combining it with the synthethizer's USB input resource, from wich you can play the playbacks you built with SONAR's sequencer (using a pen drive), I guess there's no complains about sequencers and about using playbacks on stage performances.
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

Roland itself does not claim the Gi to have a sequencer so why should you?..

FWIW having a midi port and Sonar loaded onto your PC does not magically change the facts... which is quite simply that the Juno Gi does NOT have a sequencer..
marcuscarvalho1 wrote:I don't agree when someone says Juno Gi doesn't have a sequencer. You see, when I downloaded the Juno Gi driver and Juno Gi live sets archive to my PC's SONAR LE (wich is included in Juno Gi's box), I had in hand a very simple and effective sequencer to deal with, wich had exactly the same sort of live sets the synthethizer has. Combining it with the synthethizer's USB input resource, from wich you can play the playbacks you built with SONAR's sequencer (using a pen drive), I guess there's no complains about sequencers and about using playbacks on stage performances.
DJ RAZZ

Post by DJ RAZZ »

I would say great workstation/controller if you are serious and have a PC laptop? For this addition makes a very nice start to a home studio, along with some good reference monitors, headphones, a condenser mic, and maybe an additional pre to run in front. I am being both serious and optimistic about this. The only bummer for me is I like and own Macbooks and I know Sonar is out. I am sure this makes the interface/DAW thing a little trickier.

Anyway, it is the board the Stage was supposed to be. I cannot wait to put my acoustic and vocals into some tracks. I have not been this excited about something Roland since my Boss RC-50.