JUNO-Gi Workshop

Forum for JUNO-Gi
RadioDJ

JUNO-Gi Workshop

Post by RadioDJ »

The JUNO-Gi contains an eight-track digital multitrack recorder for recording your songs. If you’re ready to get down to business, this booklet explains in detail how to take advantage of the digital recorder’s tools and features.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... &skip=true
mgmg4871

Re: JUNO-Gi Workshop

Post by mgmg4871 »

Thanks RadioDj
kyalmusic

Post by kyalmusic »

These workshop manuals are great!

Roland should've included them with the synth tho, bit unfair for folk without a computer
RadioDJ

Post by RadioDJ »

JUNO-Gi Workshop 06: Using the JUNO-Gi with a Computer

In addition to its wealth of sounds you can use in a computer-based music system, the JUNO-Gi can also serve as the audio interface and master MIDI controller for your computer’s digital audio workstation, or “DAW.” This booklet explains how to integrate the JUNO-Gi into your computer music rig.

http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/JUNOGiWS06.pdf
stoca01

Post by stoca01 »

The booklet is very informative and useful!
just a lttle disappointed to see that Cubase was not covered, but I understand helping competitor DAW is not soemthing you want to do.
I believe the setup will be similar, but I was looking at how to browse/select the Gi patches in Cubase.

Well done nonetheless. Thanks for letting us know.
stoca
RadioDJ

Post by RadioDJ »

The JUNO-Gi brings together cutting-edge technologies from Roland and BOSS. Its digital recorder boasts BOSS effects similar to those found in the popular BOSS GT-10. This booklet explains how use the JUNO-Gi’s BOSS effects

http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/JUNOGiWS07.pdf
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

We need a Juno Gi update not another workshop.
DJ RAZZ

Post by DJ RAZZ »

Cannot wait to find the time to take my Juno Gi to the next level. So far it has been a great live board.
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

Hey DJ If you are interested in using the arpeggiator as a drum machine lmn i'll post a tutorial on how to do it. It's really not difficult. One key triggers any pattern you import. The beauty is you can save it in a livest.
RadioDJ

Post by RadioDJ »

That would be sweet! Please post.
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

Ok, heres what I got so far. You can only use type 0 midi files and I'm not sure how long they can be. I've tried up to 16 bar and some work and some give too much data error. Remove the sd card and put it in your computer. Load the midi drum files on the sd card in the import folder. First set up a liveset. Click on split button and in the lower 1 section go to tone and change it to rhy. Hold down shift button and click on liveset by pressing #5 liveset button. At bottom of menu click on keyboard. Go to L1 and set K.U to Bb2 and set upper 1 and upper 2 K.L to C 2 and click on Arpeggio button to get back to arpeggio menu. Click on import and scroll to the file. You can preview the file. Click next and name the file. click next and then exec. Click on Arpeggio button again and change motif to phrase and scroll down to destination and set to lower. In the bottom left corner click on hold. Press the F# key and you should hear drums play. If all is well click on write and any time you call up that liveset the drum pattern will be loaded and all you have to do is press the F# key to start drum pattern. You can import up to 64 patterns and switch to any one from that liveset or any other liveset that you save with the arpeggiator. In a live performance you can setup each liveset you use to have a drum pattern play. When you do this remember you can only layer 2 tones in the upper keyboard. You only lose 11 keys in the lower section doing it this way. You get the kick, snares, toms and cymbals. Of course with ths board there are a few bugs and I am waiting for an answer from roland on why some type 0 midi files play random notes. Hope this helps. This is stil a test project for me and I'll update as I learn more. If perfected this could be a great asset to keyboardist without a drummer. The recorder just takes too many movements to load playing live. One press of a key is the way to go.
RadioDJ

Post by RadioDJ »

Thank you.