Please help, I have no idea how to play through computer

Forum for JUNO-Gi
kyalmusic

Please help, I have no idea how to play through computer

Post by kyalmusic »

Hi folks

Straight to the point, I have no idea how to get sound to my computer through the usb.

I've never done computer based recording before. I have a korg d3200 32 track recorder and have always recorded directly into this. When I got my juno gi (yesterday) I installed the drivers and the cakewalk software fine. But in short, when I loaded up the sonar programme (new project - 8-track recorder) I haven't a clue what it's all about. I take it it is possible to record the gi straight to the computer using the usb as it said it's for midi and audio transfer, but how do I do this?

And don't get me started on midi, that's all alien language to me, I guess I'm still a bit old fasioned lol

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

Ps, not sure if this is important but I'm running a sony vaio laptop with windows 7, 64 bit
mgmg4871

Re: Please help, I have no idea how to play through computer

Post by mgmg4871 »

First thing you must do is go into Sonar settings and set your midi device to Juno Gi. Do this by going to edit _preferences_devices. I'm using Sonar X1 so it may be a little different but thats the idea. Next, test the keyboard by loading one of the demo songs in Sonar. You should find them by going to file_open. If you're still confused go to youtube and type in sonar tutorial and there are a few that will walk you through the process.