juno gi versus kronos 61

Forum for JUNO-Gi
delirium

juno gi versus kronos 61

Post by delirium »

LOL just kidding, but seriously I want to buy one or the other.
What are there other disadvantages of kronos besides the price?
DJ RAZZ

Re: juno gi versus kronos 61

Post by DJ RAZZ »

Complexity? The Korg sound if you do not like the Korg sound engine. The new Hard drive technology could prove to be less roadworthy? Just to name a few...
wladymeer

Post by wladymeer »

You must be joking.

Answer yourself what are difference between Fantom G and Juno Gi and you're on a half way there.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

It's not even close to a fair comparison. Honestly, if you have the money buy the Kronos. It's a fantastic keyboard but way out of my price range at the moment. Happy with the Juno Gi for now :)
DJ RAZZ

Post by DJ RAZZ »

yamahaforums wrote:It's not even close to a fair comparison. Honestly, if you have the money buy the Kronos. It's a fantastic keyboard but way out of my price range at the moment. Happy with the Juno Gi for now :)
I Have heard the Kronos live a few times and played it a few times as well. Amazing Board. The new Yamaha MOX6 is a really good board for the money as well. The Gi is in there though, just not the same level beast as the Kronos.
SynthFr33k

Post by SynthFr33k »

I have two Oasys 88 keyboards and couple yamaha synths, Motif Rack, ES synth and new XF motif I am happy with all of them. Even with all that power, there are sounds on the Juno Gi that are amazing to me and I am going to buy one.

They say the Kronos has the same engine and DAC as the OAsys, then something is wrong because from what I have heard so far it does not sound as good as an Oasys. I think the PC mother board with the Dual Core Pentium not core 2 duo is the key. The Adam processor on the Kronos in my opinion and or the Solid State Hard drive is doing something funky to the sound that maybe a software update will fix.

I don't like the Kronos. I love the Jupiter 80 and the last demo I heard has convinced me that I may get one after 6 months to 1 year to make sure all is good and maybe price drops.

Both Howard Jones Demos and this one has really convinced me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHfND3Hv-BY
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

The Kronos may have the same engine and dac as the Oasys but there's a lot more to the sound than those two things. Personally I think the Oasys sounds better but not by much but I also like the form factor of the Oasys. The Kronos seems to be an variation of the Triton Extreme in terms of how it looks?

Absolutely love the Jupiter 80 and that's definitely my next board when prices drop. Obviously won't be for a while yet. I could just about stretch to one now but it would be a stretch and really I am not a good enough player to warrant laying out that sort of money on a keyboard.
delirium

Post by delirium »

I decided to pass on kronos, way too expensive, I'd be better off buying jupiter or any other good synth and stand alone sequencer.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

If the Kronos is too expensive I don't think you'll find the Jupiter any cheaper. They are both top range keyboards and as such are both well over two grand at the moment, nearer three. That's a lot of change to lay out on a keyboard so you would want to be well sure it meets your needs. One of our members over on my forum has just bought a Kronos and loves it. Just waiting for her to stop playing long enough to give us a review :)
GuitarTabs4synth

Post by GuitarTabs4synth »

I have interest in these two keyboards too.

Primarily because they both provide an input for the guitar along with guitar effects.

Is there a better keyboard than the Juno Gi for the guitarist who also want to play the keyboard?
markWar

Post by markWar »

>Is there a better keyboard than the Juno Gi for the guitarist who also want to play the keyboard?

I have a Yamaha psr-s910 and I plug in my guitar all the time. Lots of amp models and effects. And the keyboard has a built-in amplifier/speaker system. It is "only" an arranger keyboard, but you have quite a lot of control over sound/effects. And it has both a sequencer and a recorder. I've been very happy with the psr-s910 as a guitarist who is learning keyboard. I'm STILL thinking about moving up to an actual synthesizer, but I have NEVER regretted getting the psr-s910.
GuitarTabs4synth

Post by GuitarTabs4synth »

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking over the manual.

But Boss GT10 amp models are quite good though.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical- ... mode=model
DM613

Post by DM613 »

I have two pairs Oasys 88 synth keyboards and Yamaha Motif ES Rack Synthesizer and new XF reasons, I am pleased with them all. Even with all the power, there are sounds of Juno G, which is fantastic for me and I'll buy one.
Buy Tera GoldBuy Cheap RS GoldRunescape Gold