Pattern Edit

Forum for JUNO-Gi
mgmg4871

Pattern Edit

Post by mgmg4871 »

I played around with editing drum patterns today and learned something interesting. You can edit drums using the keyboard. The last 16 white keys on the board are used to input the notes and registers velocities by how hard or soft you play note. The specific drum or cymbal etc is chosen by the rest of the keys. All this can be done while pattern is playing. I kind of stayed away from editing patterns because it looked too time consuming, but this way works really well. I created some cool patterns and of course you can name them and save them in the user bank.
DJ RAZZ

Re: Pattern Edit

Post by DJ RAZZ »

Cool. Will get there eventually.
dan_kolpakov

Re: Pattern Edit

Post by dan_kolpakov »

Yes, but I find the grid resolution (even at the most “wide” setting) a bit limiting in programming realistic drums, as you can't do proper flam notes. For example, figure like “bass, bass, snare, snare” where all notes are played almost at the same time (the last snare note is on the tick (it's the main note), the former notes are played as “flams” just before the main snare note).

Has anyone tried exporting drum patterns from MIDI files? Does it work well? What does it do with the notes which are off the built-in grid in the Juno's editor?