Juno GI Audio Interface Useless

Forum for JUNO-Gi
mgmg4871

Juno GI Audio Interface Useless

Post by mgmg4871 »

I've been trying to record sounds from Juno Gi in a daw from the audio interface in the juno gi. Recording first track is fine, but when i try to record the second track with audio playing back on the first track, the audio from first track gets recorded on the second track. This is because all audio gets mixed together coming back into the daw. I called Roland and they confirmed theres no fix for that. This thing shouldn't have been called a audio interface. I had to resort to a $30 dollar usb audio interface to get the job done. I tried the audio on my laptop but there was too much latency. I also discovered how to do my click track this way. I routed the click to channel 3 in Ableton Live and on the usb audio interface and routed everything else to channels 1/2. So know all I have to do is plug headphones into the usb audio interface channel 3 and wala a click track. Amazing, a 30 dollar usb audio interface gets the job done with no latency. Btw I'm using asio4all to do this. I set the Juno to in only and the external usb interface to out. I disabled the onboard sound card which was a realtek (useless) . Know i have a great setup for Ableton live.
hagaic

Re: Juno GI Audio Interface Useless

Post by hagaic »

Hi mgmg, I just bought a JUNO Gi and installed SONAR LE, and I seem to ran into a similar problem.
Please take a look: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=38972
Did you find a better solution? Just doesn't seem to make sense there is no fix for that.
hagaic

Re: Juno GI Audio Interface Useless

Post by hagaic »

Solved: changed the USB Audio to Computer value from MIX to INPUT and now everything is as expected.