Juno GI Editor Software?

Forum for JUNO-Gi
yamahaforums

Juno GI Editor Software?

Post by yamahaforums »

Anyone know when there will be an editor for the Juno Gi available? I know there is one for the Di but not heard of anything for the Gi. Seems a bit crazy that us Gi owners have been left out in the cold.

Surely the Di and Gi are pretty similar so what's the hold up? The Gi has been out, what, 10 months or so and still no editor available?
stoca01

Re: Juno GI Editor Software?

Post by stoca01 »

I second this request!
stoca
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Well looks like we have been left on the shelf! Just got this reply from Roland UK
Thank you for your email.

As far as I am aware there is no software editor planned for the Juno Gi.

For any new product launch or update release, generally at industry events such as NAMM in the US & Frankfurt in Germany, we are ourselves made aware on the eve of launch. Until such time, we are not informed of any products to be released into the marketplace.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of any further help.

Kind regards,
Alun

Alun Ponting
Customer Support
Roland (UK) Ltd
Office: 01792 702701
Fax: 01792 600521
Web: http://www.roland.co.uk/

Roland (UK) Limited Registered Office: Atlantic Close, Swansea, SA7 9FJ
Registered in England and Wales No: 1216941
Angry? Hell yeah!! So the cheaper Roland Di get's a software editor and the more expensive but basically the same Gi doesn't and by the looks of it, never will?

You know I returned my Yamaha MOX for the Juno Gi. Had I known Roland had no plans to support Juno Gi owners I may not have bothered. Yeah I know the editor is a small part of the overall package but if Di owners can happily edit, share and upload sounds to their keyboard why the hell cant we? The MOX came with an editor in the box and I expected the same from the Gi. I'm just thinking I still have time to return the Gi so I may well do that and get the Di instead.
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

I suggested earlier that we should flood the email support on the Roland site daily until they update the software on this keyboard. Angry talk accomplishes nothing but more anger and frustration. We need to take action. I don't mean one email a day but multiple emails. Anyone with me on this or do we just lay down and take it? We should let Rolands carelessness be known on every musicians site we can also. We are the consumers and we have a voice. We can change this.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

I'm totally with you on this. I'm just waiting to hear back from Roland UK and then we'll get something rolling however, we'll need to find out where all the Gi owners are hanging out because it definitely isn't this site!
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

I started sending emails already on Roloandus. I will send them to Rolanduk also. I think word will get around if we keep this post alive. Just make sure each post contains keywords like Roland Juno Gi major update. Google often leads to this site. Also owners of other Roland keyboards are welcome to join. After all if they get away with this, it only continues. Rolands pumping out new keyboards without fixing the ones they have sold already. Shameless.
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

Have you noticed that comments on youtube videos posted by roland have been disabled? They knew what was coming. Anyone else with us on this?
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

Check this out Sweetwater is using Juno G customer reviews to sell the juno gi. I've noticed this on other sites also. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JunoGi/
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Yeah I noticed the comments on youtube were disabled. Shame they think they need to do that. Roland should be able to take criticism and learn from it not try and silence their potential customers. Still I suppose they would argue thats what the forums are for?

I think it was either unfortunate naming or perhaps if I am being cynical a bit of a marketing ploy to name the Juno Gi almost identically to the Juno G. It is in no way an upgraded Juno G or even closely related to it and I think they could have called it something else to avoid confusion?

As regards writing to Roland I think if we are going to get large numbers of people to take part we need some sort of standard letter people can just sign and send? In my experience people can be very vocal on forums but when it comes to trying to get the manufacturer to do something apathy very quickly takes over. If all they have to do is sign and click we will get a much better response, what do you think ?

By the way did you ever receive a response from Roland US ?
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

I think that's a great idea about a formal letter. Is this something you would be willing to do? If so I could send you an email with suggestions about content. I received the same response that was posted in this post. I took it a step further and called them, and got the same response. It was as though the guy was reading it from a script. That leads me to believe this was a planned major dumping on the customers. I've sent them emails about some of the major issues with this keyboard and get responses like this

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.

To: mgmg4871@yahoo.com
RE: Support Request #82136
Product: JUNO-Gi
Subject: Liveset
Question: Is it possible to access livesets from the midi ctrl mode. If so, how do I accomplish this. Thank you.

Hello Morris,

Based on your request, we need more information to be able to answer your question.
Please call Product Support at your earliest convenience.
Product Support is available Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time.

Product Support: 323-890-3740

Sincerely,
Roland US Product Support

Pacific Standard Time.

Product Support: 323-890-3740

Sincerely,

I mean come on, what part of that question didn't they understand.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

I just know I am going to get some comments on my forum about this. One of our main contributors used to a be a Roland only guy up until about 20 years ago when they stuffed him big time on customer service. He swore he would never buy another Roland product again and never has. I have been trying to convince him things have changed but, maybe things are really just the same with different people dishing out the automated responses like those you received above.

Seems they are very happy to take our money but not at all interested in us thereafter.

Ok so yes no probs on putting a form letter together. Drop me an email at admin@yamahaforums.co.uk and we'll get something sorted :)
mgmg4871

Post by mgmg4871 »

I think my last 2 emails caught their attention at least. Here are their responses that I received within a couple of hours.

The following information applies to Roland, BOSS and Cakewalk products sold in the U.S. only.

RE: Support Request #82339
Subject: Update the juno gi
Question: update the juno gi
update the juno gi
update the juno gi
update the juno gi
If not we will plaster your carelessness all over the internet daily.
The consumers
A major update

Hello Morris,

As you may know, all of our products are designed and manufactured in Japan, so we don't have a lot of input on the features or specifications here in the U.S. If you have specific features you would like to see, please send us a note and we can pass it along through our channels, or we may be able to recommend ways to use your Juno-Gi to achieve what you are trying to accomplish.

Sincerely,
M-F 7:30am-5:00pm Pacific Time
323-890-3740

The following information applies to Roland, BOSS and Cakewalk products sold in the U.S. only.

RE: Support Request #82346
Subject: Customer Reviews
Question: Why is Sweetwater using Juno G customer reviews to sell the juno gi.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JunoGi/

Hello Morris,

We do not handle the administration of the Sweetwater website, but have sent a not to their rep asking them to see if they can make sure that Juno-Gi reviews are used in this area. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Sincerely,
M-F 7:30am-5:00pm Pacific Time
323-890-3740

I will not respond to them until we have a drafted letter. I will send you suggestions later tonight. Thanks for standing up Yamahaforums. Wish some others would step up soon so we can get something done. i suggest everyone reading this will voice their complaints while we have their ear.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Seems odd to me that they "have very little input" ? I wonder, did it not occur to anyone at Roland US or Roland UK to ask where the editor was for the Juno Gi? Are they simply box pushers and have absolutely no interest in the end user at all ? Isn't it what we would ask? In fact I did ask and was told by the Roland rep that although there was no editor at that time Roland would certainly be bringing one out in the future. mmmmm, obviously he has not spoken to anyone other than his imagination :(

Some people of course will say we are making a big fuss about nothing but surely given the great noise that is made about these keyboards ability to interface with a computer, an editor is not something outside the realms of expectation?

Of course what really makes this a bit of a fiasco is that the much cheaper Juno Di does have an editor and a very good one at that. Perhaps Roland would rather no one bought a Juno Gi and went for the cheaper alternative?

Look forward to hearing from you later.

atb
Saul
DJ RAZZ

Post by DJ RAZZ »

yamahaforums wrote:Seems odd to me that they "have very little input" ? I wonder, did it not occur to anyone at Roland US or Roland UK to ask where the editor was for the Juno Gi? Are they simply box pushers and have absolutely no interest in the end user at all ? Isn't it what we would ask? In fact I did ask and was told by the Roland rep that although there was no editor at that time Roland would certainly be bringing one out in the future. mmmmm, obviously he has not spoken to anyone other than his imagination :(

Some people of course will say we are making a big fuss about nothing but surely given the great noise that is made about these keyboards ability to interface with a computer, an editor is not something outside the realms of expectation?

Of course what really makes this a bit of a fiasco is that the much cheaper Juno Di does have an editor and a very good one at that. Perhaps Roland would rather no one bought a Juno Gi and went for the cheaper alternative?

Look forward to hearing from you later.

atb
Saul
It does not seem strange to me. I always feel as though companies from JAPAN are often condescending to Americans and the rest of the World. Or maybe they just don't care, for they know they do not have to care. We seem to be OK with this to a point for we keep buying their products, despite our complaints.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Well given their current economic climate I would be looking to make friends where I could! Alienating customers at this point in time is definitely not a good business policy.

Anyway, moving on. I just received a reply from Roland UK who at least do "seem" to be now taking notice. Just waiting to hear from the product manager.

I can't really see why it would be such a big deal for them to alter a bit of code and make the Di editor compatible with the Gi? are they REALLY that different?