Forum for JUNO-Gi
Mystic38

Re: JUNO GI TONES/SOUND QUALITY????

Post by Mystic38 »

The Jupiter 80
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

There is nothing wrong with the sound quality of the Juno Gi.. I suggest you hop to the Yamaha or Korg forums.
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

It's all down to personal preference though. We all hear things slightly differently which is why music is such a widely varied and wonderful thing. I personally think most of the sounds in the Juno Gi are excellent but I accept that others will think they are awful.

Your alternatives in this price range are limited. There's the Korg M50, which I have also owned, the Yamaha MOX, again I have had one and....well that's it really. I have also had the Korg M3, Yamaha XS and the Roland Fantom G. All of which you could probably pick up used for not much more than the new price of the Juno Gi. My personal preference is still for Roland as I just prefer the sound :)
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

Given it was his first post, I think it's kinda obvious it's a 13 year old trolling.... :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Mystic38 wrote:Given it was his first post, I think it's kinda obvious it's a 13 year old trolling.... :)
There is another option...with what are you listening to the Gi sounds manthonybromeo?
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

Forget micro samplers..go buy Maschine
manthonybromeo wrote:hahah this is no troll.. i genuinely dislike the sound quality of most of the tones. i've had it for about 5 or 6 months so i know what im hearing.
it's mainly the piano's and the synthetic tones. reeeaaaallly poor for me but yeah its all about personal preference.

i play at home with seinheiser headphones.. surely they're giving me the true sound.
and playing through a PA for jams so i understand that would lose some of the quality.

i might have to try out the yamaha's and the korg's, although i played the x50 once.. the keys didn't feel as sturdy as the rolands.

anyway... gonna buy a microsampler any thoughts?!!
DJRAZZ

Post by DJRAZZ »

manthonybromeo wrote:Am i the only one who is disappointed with the sound quality of the sound engine?
the pianos are all wrong, in my opinion
synthetic tones are horrible and sound cheesy

can anybody recommend another synth that has organs, piano etc that are of higher quality?
Sorry you feel this way. I am really loving mine.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

manthonybromeo wrote:hahah this is no troll.. i genuinely dislike the sound quality of most of the tones. i've had it for about 5 or 6 months so i know what im hearing.
it's mainly the piano's and the synthetic tones. reeeaaaallly poor for me but yeah its all about personal preference.

i play at home with seinheiser headphones.. surely they're giving me the true sound.
and playing through a PA for jams so i understand that would lose some of the quality.

i might have to try out the yamaha's and the korg's, although i played the x50 once.. the keys didn't feel as sturdy as the rolands.

anyway... gonna buy a microsampler any thoughts?!!
Really a matter of taste then...
I don't actually own one, but I did try it twice (Roland store and at a friend's), and Compared to my Fantom and SonicCell that are somewhat similar concepts, I can't say the Gi's sound are poor...on the contrary.

I agree that the stock Pianos are not the best in the world, but very acceptable and the synths...well those are stunning, as for all Roland gear... again, a matter of taste...