Akai MPC1000 & Juno GI

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Nnonname

Akai MPC1000 & Juno GI

Post by Nnonname »

Hi,

I am wondering if this is possible. I want to use the Gi's sound module with the MPC1000 sequencer in this way:

1) Create some midi phrases on a macbook and drag them into the MPC1000
2) Connect the MPC1000 to the Gi with a midi-cable
3) Play the phrases through the Gi's sound module

I can make it work by making a simple arpeggio on the coputer as a midi file, dragging that into the sequencer, and playing that through the Gi when on a violin sound. Works good. But, I want more than one instrument to play. Is it possible that the Gi can accept more than one midi input at a time so it could, say, play a violin arpeggio simultaneously with a bassline, as well as some percussion sounds, each instrument on a different midi channel, and each instrument generated by the Gi's sound module? The MPC1000 user mannual says some sound modules can accept more than one midi channel. Is the Gi's sound module one of these? If not, what sound module could I get that would?

Thanks, J.
Nnonname

Re: Akai MPC1000 & Juno GI

Post by Nnonname »

I think I'm getting close to making this work, but I'm not sure of the exact settings needed in the Gi to properly recieve the incomming midi messages. I will be sending midi from the external sequencer on as many channels as I have tracks. The intention is to have the Gi properly recieve a certain MSB,LSB,& Program Change for the first track (channel 1-violin) as well as a unique MSB,LSB,& Program Change for the second track (channel 2-Bass). I believe I'm sending this info correctly, but I'm not sure the Gi is set-up (in "settings") to properly recieve this data. I seem to keep getting just a piano sound, or, just whatever bank sound I have pushed the buttons on the Gi and left it to play. Anyone familiar with the correct settings? Or, direct me to a board where someone might know?

Thanks, J
PauloF

Re: Akai MPC1000 & Juno GI

Post by PauloF »

Nnonname wrote:I think I'm getting close to making this work, but I'm not sure of the exact settings needed in the Gi to properly recieve the incomming midi messages. I will be sending midi from the external sequencer on as many channels as I have tracks. The intention is to have the Gi properly recieve a certain MSB,LSB,& Program Change for the first track (channel 1-violin) as well as a unique MSB,LSB,& Program Change for the second track (channel 2-Bass). I believe I'm sending this info correctly, but I'm not sure the Gi is set-up (in "settings") to properly recieve this data. I seem to keep getting just a piano sound, or, just whatever bank sound I have pushed the buttons on the Gi and left it to play. Anyone familiar with the correct settings? Or, direct me to a board where someone might know?

Thanks, J
Hi,
Take a look to what I've posted in this other topic while answering you