User presets in MIDI Control mode

Forum for JUNO-Gi
psi777

User presets in MIDI Control mode

Post by psi777 »

I would like to be able to call up User patches from my DAW while in MIDI control mode. Sounds easy, but I am at a dead end on this one.

-I can select Factory patches from my DAW while in MIDI control mode via MIDI program changes. Easy.

-I can select both Factory and User patches from my DAW while NOT in MIDI control mode, either via MIDI program changes or SYSEX messeages. Easy.

-But for the life of me, I cannot get my Juno GI to select User patches from my DAW while in MIDI control mode. I've used the correct MIDI program changes for User banks/patches (as I said, they work fine while not in MIDI control mode). I've used the correct SYSEX messages for User banks/patches (ditto). But none of it works. I have only figured out one way to be able to call up "user-customized" patches on the Juno: I select the Factory patch I started with from my DAW via a MIDI program change, then start recording a MIDI track in my DAW, and manually re-do all the adjustments I have made to that patch (change reverb type, adjust attack, whatever), so that the DAW track records the SYSEX data. This way when I come back the next day, I can play back the track and have my customized patch back. It "works," but it's a terrible way to have to handle this.

Anyone else have any luck trying to do this? Oh, on the DAW side: I've tried using Logic, Ableton, Reaper, and Cubase...able to do the same thing in all of them, but no luck with my issue in any of them.