Any interesting things I can do with my Gi?

Forum for JUNO-Gi
flyingace

Any interesting things I can do with my Gi?

Post by flyingace »

I've been so busy this holiday season that I haven't really had time to delve into my new Gi much beyond playing some of it's sounds.

So I was wondering if any of you fellow Gi owners had some interesting suggestions for me of things I can do with my Gi? Something that maybe I don't realize I can do yet? any tips for a better set up than factory? etc.

Thanks all and hope you all have a lovely winter solstice!
DJ RAZZ rasco

Re: Any interesting things I can do with my Gi?

Post by DJ RAZZ rasco »

For live performance or project recording, you can check out all the videos on you tube about the Gi. Lot's of cool and easy stuff you can do.

I love working with the live sets and the putting finished live sets on the front buttons for one button access to my FAV creations. I also have my pedals set up to add Leslie to my Hammond B3 sound and bring in string layers for my piano with my feet. You can use the built in BOSS effects on the internal guitar sounds for good sounding Blues and/or JAZZ guitar. These are few things I do live.

I also like to have my desired reverb set where it sounds perfect when the reverb knob is at 12 o'clock, that way I have good starting reference. When I layer synth sounds in the live set, I mess with the fine tuning for a thicker sound. I may do this with an identical sounds that are layered as well set them at different volumes to eliminate phasing. Finally, I tweak the envelopes and filter quite a bit before I rename and save. All these things are really easy and except for the pedals can be done in the live set and effects menu.

Enjoy....
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Thanks, I love the idea about the strings with the pedal. I'll have to dig into the manual this holiday vacation to see how to do that! Thanks!
delirium

Post by delirium »

sure you can - my last song "lost dream" was recorded entirely on juno gi.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Delirium,
after recording a song with my Gi last night, I can truly see that it's possible to produce some really pretty good stuff with it. I'm a little less happy with the quality of vocals I laid down but I guess I could just output the file without and add vocals on my DAW.

What kind of output can you do with the Gi, does it let you output individual tracks or only a mix down single track? anyone know? I don't have the manual here at work with me. Just curious.
Allen Grey

Post by Allen Grey »

Cool way to get a realy good lead and rythm guitar sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvv9-jwzR8

Enjoy
rentavibe

i want to hire a juno gi expert

Post by rentavibe »

i am new to the juno, i want to produce a track and learn it more efficiently, not good with manuals, would prefer a virtual session, you walk me through it, and i will pay you thru paypal...i learn quickly, but i hate manuals...Anybody up for it? email Lisa at rentavibe@aol.com and put Juno Gi Expert in the subject.
thanx
delirium

Post by delirium »

flyingace wrote: What kind of output can you do with the Gi, does it let you output individual tracks or only a mix down single track? anyone know? I don't have the manual here at work with me. Just curious.
as far as I know you cannot export individual tracks.
Gambler

Post by Gambler »

Couldn't you master you song and mute all tracks but one? Haven't tried it, but it should work.