Live Set MIDI Channel(s)?

Forum for JUNO-Gi
harlanh

Live Set MIDI Channel(s)?

Post by harlanh »

Hi,

I just bought my Juno Gi as a replacement of my old Roland RS-5. I play in a live band and there is one thing I absolutely LOVED about the RS-5, the ability to not only save Favorites but to set the MIDI channel of each "part" (tone) of the Favorite Perform Bank. I haven't been able yet to find this geature on the JUNO Gi.

The reason why I need this is because I use this keyboard partly for its sounds and partly as a MIDI controller, that controls my Fantom XR module. During the same song we're playing I need to be able to switch between sounds of the JUNO (e.g. Midi ch 2), sounds of the module (midi ch 1) and a SPLIT drum kit (on ch 10) that plays the JUNO drum kit in the lower zone and the module kit in the upper zone.

The RS-5 handles this beautifully and that's the reason why I kept this synth for so long, however it broke down last week so I purchased the JUNO Gi thingking it wouldbe able to handle myneeds in the same way. I've searched all over, but haven't found a solution yet.

Is there anyone out there who knows how to do this or who can suggest an alternative with the same result?

Hope my problem is clear.

Thanks in advance!