Juno Gi Vibrato question

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Rickisan

Juno Gi Vibrato question

Post by Rickisan »

I'm asking this question for a friend... He says...

"... still can't figure out how to change effects on the "pitch bend/modulation" lever. When pushed forward it produces a vibrato applied gradually, but always at the same rapid rate. The xp50 had controls for how fast the vibrato was so it could be slowed to a halt if desired, or made rapid..."

any help appreciated. Thanks
Gambler

Re: Juno Gi Vibrato question

Post by Gambler »

I don't remember whether you can set vibrato rate directly.

You can stop a live set from receiving normal vibrato and then (probably) add a vibrato effect to it. Then you would need to bind it to the some internal control channel and direct vibrato stick output to go to the same channel. This way you could definitely set the rate in MFX screen.

Here is some info that might help:
http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/JUNOGiWS04.pdf
Rickisan

Post by Rickisan »

Thanks very much... I will relay the information to my friend.
Rickisan
NJkeysman88

Post by NJkeysman88 »

I just picked up my Juno Gi last night. I was playing with it at the store before I bought it and tried to change the speed of the vibrato. I found the parameter to change the speed of the vibrato of a patch, then I adjusted the speed. But no matter how fast I set it to, the vibrato speed did not budge. I've read the pamphlet refered to above and it did not help. I read the manual but that hasn't helped. The vibrato is still at a somewhat lazy speed and I'd like it to be faster and deeper for the song I wish to play.

Has anyone modified the vibrato speed and depth correctly? If so please lend a hand.

Thoughts: Maybe it works differently (or not at all) on some patches? Do I have to do something to "activate" the canges I made to the patch?

Thanks,
Gene
Gambler

Post by Gambler »

No, changes are instantaneous. Try this. Adjust the depth to some positive number, then tweak the speed. Do you hear changes when the speed setting changes?
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

Another thought:

I've noticed that some layers use the LFOs for vibrato. The rate is adjustable in the PRO Edit screen.