Multi-Timbral Help Please

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Thunderdan

Multi-Timbral Help Please

Post by Thunderdan »

Hi All,

I am a studio one V2 user and I am looking for some help with getting the Gi to jive as a multi-timbral instrument. My issue is a small one (I HOPE!) I have my daw set up right now so that the GI can recieve midi data from any of the 16 channels but after reading the manual (which is surprisingly straightforward compared to older roland manuals) and the online Juno Gi Workshops I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the voices on the sixteen different channels like on a sound module. I have a JV 1080 I would really like to retire and use the GI in its place.

Can somebody tell me what I missing? This is really frustrating.
Thunderdan

Re: Multi-Timbral Help Please

Post by Thunderdan »

33 views and no one can help?
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

I wish I knew so I could tell you. I have yet to get through the manual and spend the time needed to really learn this keyboard. I saw the video and info about downloading the instrument list (I use Logic) and it makes total sense but is complex to set up. I have not installed it and tested it though. Seems like with 128 note polyphony that it should be able to do it! Good luck and report back what you find out!
kmtaylor

Post by kmtaylor »

I've added a feature to my editor that will help with this.

It allows you to copy/paste live sets into studio parts so that you can easily explore tones on the Juno's front panel and then copy the results into parts 3-16 for multitimbral playing.

There are a few limitations, however:
1. MFX1 and MFX2 aren't available to parts 3-16.
2. MFX3 can be applied downstream, if you select "USB Audio" as the recorder's input device.
3. If you want to use GM Chorus and GM Reverb, you need to set "Side 2 Sound Mode" to "3". This is undocmented, but I've had good results so far.

Good luck!