Gi as an audio interface issue

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Thunderdan

Gi as an audio interface issue

Post by Thunderdan »

After trying to record a couple tracks with my GI through my Mobile Pre I noticed an awful hum that I couldnt get rid of with a direct box. I figured I would work around the issue by using the Gi as my audio interface. When I hooked it up it was amazing...super quiet, just the sweet rumble of Roland bass.

So I lay my first midi layer down and set up an audio track inside Studio One V2 to record the audio from the Gi. This is where everything went wrong. When the output of the Gi IS NOT routed to an audio track everything sounds perfect but the second I route to an audio track the signal of said track carrys this terrible feedback.

what am I missing?
flyingace

Re: Gi as an audio interface issue

Post by flyingace »

Your keyboard plugged into your USB on your computer, right? You may be experiencing some ground hum. I can't keep my keyboard plugged in anymore due to this hum but plan to buy a hum eliminator in hopes of getting it to do better. You could ground the keyboard or do a ground lift, but there are just so many things to look at (i.e. house circuits, RF noise from computer screen, etc.)

Good luck!