JUNO Gi

Forum for JUNO-Gi
srisailesh

JUNO Gi

Post by srisailesh »

is JUNO Gi worth for the money?????my friends are not suggesting me to buy Juno Gi...... pls help me....:-( i am in a bad situation .... have to buy this one....
flyingace

Re: JUNO Gi

Post by flyingace »

well I think it's a fine keyboard for what it is, but I'm sure glad I got mine for half price. I may not feel that way if I'd paid full price!

It's a good keyboard for someone, like me, who is primarily a guitarist, looking for some synth sounds to flesh out my compositions, but with the added bonus of it being so lightweight, battery powered option AND a music interface, vocal efx processor, gtr effects processor, etc. It's really a great songwriting idea machine and "notepad" but it's NOT a programmable (or easily) synth that's for people that do massive amounts of sequencing (in-keyboard) and techno/synth produced music.

I feel that the Gi fills a very small niche of musicians that otherwise probably wouldn't own a keyboard at all and like me, too afraid of going too far down that rabbit hole with a full on synth. The last thing I wanted was to have to learn how to use a complex synth and with the Gi I've barely had to open the manual!
srisailesh

Post by srisailesh »

flyingace wrote:well I think it's a fine keyboard for what it is, but I'm sure glad I got mine for half price. I may not feel that way if I'd paid full price!

It's a good keyboard for someone, like me, who is primarily a guitarist, looking for some synth sounds to flesh out my compositions, but with the added bonus of it being so lightweight, battery powered option AND a music interface, vocal efx processor, gtr effects processor, etc. It's really a great songwriting idea machine and "notepad" but it's NOT a programmable (or easily) synth that's for people that do massive amounts of sequencing (in-keyboard) and techno/synth produced music.

I feel that the Gi fills a very small niche of musicians that otherwise probably wouldn't own a keyboard at all and like me, too afraid of going too far down that rabbit hole with a full on synth. The last thing I wanted was to have to learn how to use a complex synth and with the Gi I've barely had to open the manual!
thank u sooo much...!!!! i heard there is problem in voice recording in JUNO Gi .... as such after applying the effects for the voice and when we record it ,it records without the effects is it true ????? pls help me out
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Not sure I can tell you how I did it but every vocal I've recorded had effects and is recorded that way (even when I dumped tracks to Logic Pro).

I just followed all the tips on their "worksheet" training series. Downloadable pdfs on the roland site.
srisailesh

Post by srisailesh »

thank u alll ...!!!! now finally entered into the "ROLAND FAMILY" got the ROLAND JUNO Gi....!!!!!!!