Song player - revoice midi instruments

Forum for JUNO-Gi
migu

Song player - revoice midi instruments

Post by migu »

I am playing a midi file from my USB stick with the song player. The file plays without problems, but I would like to change the instruments on each channel to sounds from the Juno Gi. I have no idea how to to this. Is it possible? How? I would like to do this without hooking up a pc.
kmtaylor

Re: Song player - revoice midi instruments

Post by kmtaylor »

Without a PC, the Juno player can only respond to programme changes within the midi file itself. It is not possible to change the voices at playtime as far as I'm aware.
migu

Re: Song player - revoice midi instruments

Post by migu »

I did manage to change an instrument patch when fiddling with the midi ctrl on the Juno Gi and with local switch on, but I feel this is more luck than anything else (since I don't know what I'm doing :)) and the effect is gone when I reload the midi song. Anyway, I managed to change the voices with Cakewalk Sonar LE; gonna try to save this as a mid file and load it onto USB to see if it still uses the Juno instruments.

On another note: does anyone know if it's possible to transpose a midi song being played from the USB song player? I guess not since I see no way of telling the Gi which channel is a rhythm channel?