Juno Gi vs Korg Krome..

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Dj LauD

Juno Gi vs Korg Krome..

Post by Dj LauD »

Im thinking of replacing my juno gi with the new korg krome.. Will it be worth it? In your opinion, which do you think is better on performing live? Which of them sounds better? Btw I'm in a cover band that plays top 40's songs. We play almost any kind of music. From ballad, pop, techno, alternative rock and r&b..
PauloF

Re: Juno Gi vs Korg Krome..

Post by PauloF »

Dj LauD wrote:Im thinking of replacing my juno gi with the new korg krome.. Will it be worth it? In your opinion, which do you think is better on performing live? Which of them sounds better? Btw I'm in a cover band that plays top 40's songs. We play almost any kind of music. From ballad, pop, techno, alternative rock and r&b..
What's the problem with your Gi? what do you miss ?

BTW the Krome is a big cut down version of the Kronos, or better said, a slightly better M-50...
MrDuke

Post by MrDuke »

PauloF wrote:
BTW the Krome is a big cut down version of the Kronos, or better said, a slightly better M-50...
Actually...I've heard it's pretty much a M50 with a big new sampleset (3.8 GB) added for a Kronos acoustic piano and some electric pianos (and maybe some drums).

So pretty much the only thing it actually shares with Kronos is those three letters...K-R-O. ;-)
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Krome IS the new M-50. It only shares the piano samples (doubtfully at the same resolution) with the Kronos. You'll get some new sounds and a few better ones than in a M-50 but nothing that spectacular. Drums maybe. Other than that, some interesting gimmicks and features, nothing more, nothing less.