Trigger Juno Gi soundbanks from ProTools 10

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Lucius6

Trigger Juno Gi soundbanks from ProTools 10

Post by Lucius6 »

Hi all,

I am about to purchase a Juno Gi and want to confirm one final thing before I buy. Currently I am using a basic MIDI controller which naturally has no inbuilt sounds.

Can I (or how can I) trigger the internal soundbanks from a MIDI signal out from ProTools. I understand the MIDI in/out requirements, but what I would like to know is how do I actually sellect the Live Set I want out of the 1300+ internal sounds. I just want to ensure that I can actually perform this function to re-amp (trigger as MIDI, record back as stereo audio) MIDI sequences I have already written but want to change to Juno sounds rather than RTAS/Kontakt plugins that are currently being used for the sounds.

I have been told by a sales person that it is definitly possible to access all the sounds in the Juno Gi via MIDI triggering from my DAW, but he couldn't give me any details on how. I thought it better to go to the people who use for clarification.

Thanks,
Lucius.
Gambler

Re: Trigger Juno Gi soundbanks from ProTools 10

Post by Gambler »

If you have one MIDI track that you want to reproduce using an instrument on Gi, you can do it by selecting the patch manually or by transmitting "bank change" (or whatever it's called) MIDI command.

If you have several MIDI tracks/channels that you want to voice simultaneously, I don't think it's possible. Gi only supports two incoming MIDI channels.
Lucius6

Re: Trigger Juno Gi soundbanks from ProTools 10

Post by Lucius6 »

Thanks for the response Gambler, yes I was only intending one at a time :) Your answer solves it for me.