how to record the wav file

Forum for JUNO-Gi
srisailesh

how to record the wav file

Post by srisailesh »

guys how to copy the wav files from pen drive to the juno gi memory... can it be recorded pls help me out got many loops don't know how to record ......
tnicoson

Re: how to record the wav file

Post by tnicoson »

When it comes to WAV, MP3, AIFF, or Standard MIDI Files, the "pen drive" as you call it, IS the Juno Gi's memory for those files. There is no other memory (internal, etc) involved and you do not have to record anything. Just use your PC to copy your files into the "root" directory of your "pen drive", unplug it from your PC, plug it into the Juno Gi and play them with the Song Player. Again, the files have to be in the "root' directory of the pen drive and you can not exceed 99 files total. If you put them into a sub-directory, the Juno-Gi will not be able to find them. See page 128 of your manual.

I hope you were not expecting to be able to "import" WAV files into the Juno-GI, spread them across the keyboard, and trigger or play them with the keyboard keys. That would require a sampling function, and the Juno-Gi is not a sampler. Neither are the Juno-Di, nor the Jupiter-50 or Jupiter-80. To do this, you would need to get into the Fantom or V Synth lines. If this is what you were planning, I am sorry to disappoint you.

Regards,

Ted
RoyR

Post by RoyR »

srisailesh wrote:guys how to copy the wav files from pen drive to the juno gi memory... can it be recorded pls help me out got many loops don't know how to record ......
You can also record what you play back from your pen-drive into the Gi's song recorder, as a two-track stereo recording. Then use it from that location (on the SD card) in the future, with the pen-drive dismounted. Remember to rename the song after it's on the SD card, so you can find it easily.

Roy
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Good point, Roy !

I have been having a lot of fun with that. I have been a Band-in-a-Box user since their original version 1 that was distributed on 3 1/2 inch diskettes. Now, I just lay out a chord progression with BIAB, save it to a MIDI file on the USB stick, plug it into the Gi and play along with it. When I get everything right, I just record it to the Gi's Digital Recorder and I have it for posterity - no need to connect it to a DAW - no need to connect it to the Fostex 8-tracker. Other than the BIAB MIDI file, I do everything else right there on the Gi - really great !

Regards,

Ted