Couple Octave feature needed for the Juno-Gi

Forum for JUNO-Gi
MyBottomBoard

Couple Octave feature needed for the Juno-Gi

Post by MyBottomBoard »

I find this extremely frustrating that this feature isn't available for the Juno-Gi. The couple octave feature allowed an additional note to played an octave below or above the note being played. You could also play additional notes. I know the Roland RD Series has it (as I have the Roland 300GX) but it's not available for the roland Juno-Gi. Instead you guys cut the corner and put the couple octave within the chord memory feature. But when I do this I'm stuck with mono sound instead of poly one.

Can I make adjustments to this? This is by far one the most frustrating feature of this board. Roland, will this be changed in the feature?

Thanks!
tnicoson

Re: Couple Octave feature needed for the Juno-Gi

Post by tnicoson »

If you are expecting a response to your question from Roland, I am afraid you are going to have a very very long wait. This is a privately managed forum of Roland equipment owners. It is in no way owned, sanctioned, sponsored, or supported by Roland, and Roland personnel seldom, if ever, check in here. If you are really looking for a response from them, you would be better to log into the Roland support site and send them a message from there.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
RoyR

Post by RoyR »

Why not just add a second tone and set it to a different octave?

For example, if you had piano as upper tone no.1, add piano as upper tone no. 2 and tune it up or down an octave. Then, open up the Split screen, and set the cursor on the upper tone 2 on/off box so you could quickly toggle the octave tone as needed. (Or plan to hold Shift, followed by the function button that toggles upper tone 2.)

Depending on how you do this, you'd need to pay attention to the Split selection (on or off) to determine whether you want the octave everywhere on the keyboard for that tone or just in the upper section.

And of course you could do all of the above by adding an octave to a second lower tone.

I'm not at my Juno Gi now so my instructions might be slightly inaccurate, but you get the idea.

--Roy
MyBottomBoard

Post by MyBottomBoard »

Roland only needs to see it. :P

Also Thanks for the tip Roy. I will be trying this. Seems a bit difficult to toggle on the fly but that definitely solves the problem, thanks
Gambler

Post by Gambler »

This is a bit of an obscure functionality, but you can assign switch buttons to turn layers on or off .So you can add second tone, transpose it by 1 or 2 octaves, then set one of the lit buttons to turn it on /off. (Without using split function.)
RoyR

Post by RoyR »

Good point, Gambler. I, too, thought one probably could use an assignable button for that, but didn't want to type up any guidance in that regard unless I was sitting at the keyboard and certain of what I was saying. Using an assignable button is certainly the best way to toggle a tone on or off, regardless of what the display is showing.