EXTERNAL MIDI CONTROLLER TO JUNO GI

Forum for JUNO-Gi
joshencase

EXTERNAL MIDI CONTROLLER TO JUNO GI

Post by joshencase »

Hi, is it possible to connect a external midi controller to thr juno Gi?The situation is this, I have a EMU 2
5 keys midi controller & I want to use it as my 2nd keyboard so hoe can I play a diff. sound to the 25 keys?example piano on my Gi & strings on the 25 keys?just
heard & read some materials regarding midi mapping yhe thing is im a newbie regarding midi stuff especially the technical ones. Thanks everyone!
tnicoson

Re: EXTERNAL MIDI CONTROLLER TO JUNO GI

Post by tnicoson »

The Juno-Gi is actually two units in one at the same time. You can select and play,from the keyboard, a "LiveSet" that consists of up to 4 tones, while at the same time, you have a 16 part multi-timbral sound module available that can be played, via MIDI, from external devices. Just connect the EMU's MIDI-OUT to the Juno-Gi's MIDI-IN and set up each unit's MIDI section so that they communicate over the same MIDI channel (1 thru 16). If you want the EMU to be able to select voices (tones) on the Gi, set up the EMU to transmit BANK and PROGRAM CHANGES and the Gi to receive them, otherwise disable them at one end or the other.

As you have already discovered, the MIDI Implementation Chart is probably a little much for where you are at right now, but it would be a good idea for you to read thru the MIDI connection instructions on Pages 133 and 134 of the Owner's Manual to get you started.

Good luck and enjoy !

Regards,

Ted
joshencase

Re: EXTERNAL MIDI CONTROLLER TO JUNO GI

Post by joshencase »

Though Im still havin a hard time figurin it out but still thanks for the useful info.. ;)