JUNO-Gi vs MOX6 - Can someone help me choose!

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Xtrife

Re: JUNO-Gi vs MOX6 - Can someone help me choose!

Post by Xtrife »

WOW, i had no idea they had announced the FA. That looks awesome. I might look into selling my Gi soon. I wonder how well it does in terms of more realistic sounds (strings, harpsichords) as everything i've heard seems to be electronic oriented (which is also great).

It also does seem to offer actual editing capabilities in regards to sound properties and stuff. That's something i'll never forget to check on a keyboard again, after buying the Juno Gi lol.
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Xtrife wrote:WOW, i had no idea they had announced the FA. That looks awesome. I might look into selling my Gi soon. I wonder how well it does in terms of more realistic sounds (strings, harpsichords) as everything i've heard seems to be electronic oriented (which is also great).
Check out Daniel Fisher's demo by Sweetwater, covers a good chunk of the sounds including acoustic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqT0KNR9Pt4 it's sold me on it.
Xtrife

Post by Xtrife »

thats just awesome
yamahaforums

Post by yamahaforums »

Nice to see someone actually going through the sounds for a change. Often there is a lot of talk in videos and very little to showcase the sounds...which after all is what most of us are interested in these days?

So, I think there is something there for everyone. It does sound very "Roland" in a way that I would have probably guessed it was a Roland even without knowing what it was but, that's no bad thing. Korg have their own sound, Yamaha have theirs and it's nice to be able to differentiate between them. If they all sounded the same what would be the point?

It's early days and I would yet like to see how it stacks up against the Krome but definitely it's a step forward for Roland :)