Slow, fat sweeps!

Forum for JUNO-Gi
TeleDude

Slow, fat sweeps!

Post by TeleDude »

Hey all,

New to the forum and pretty new to editing effects on the Gi and I was wondering if anyone knew how to edit the parameters (particularly the speed) of a sweep sound behind a pad or another effect. There are a few presets with a good sweep on there, but all of them seem to move more quickly and are a little more thin-sounding than I am trying to achieve. I thought of using the splicer effect to manually program a volume swell, but figured that would keep repeating and might sound choppy. I'm going for more of a slow, smooth, deep, fat sweep sound, if you know what I mean.

Thanks
tnicoson

Re: Slow, fat sweeps!

Post by tnicoson »

TeleDude

Welcome to the Roland Clan Forums and to the world of the Juno-Gi. I hope you enjoy both !

If you have an iPad, there is a Roland app in the App Store that presents a workshop for the Juno-Gi Insert Effects. I just did some searching around on the web, and it appears that is has not been ported to the non-iPad world yet.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
TeleDude

Post by TeleDude »

Hm thanks, I'll check out the app. I don't have an iPad, though, just hoping to edit the sweep on-board...
morganellington

Post by morganellington »

If you hit shift and edit the live set, then hit next you can get to the page where you program the "synth" parameters of each patch -- cutoff, resonance, attack, release. Upping the resonance and lowering the cutoff will give you something like that, esp. if you increase the attack time. I just played around with that page today for the first time so there may be more effective methods in the insert effects.