Juno Gi USB connection noise

Forum for JUNO-Gi
peregrino-negro

Juno Gi USB connection noise

Post by peregrino-negro »

Hello people

I´m new to the forum and new to know how the juno gi works , so I have this huge problem when I connect the juno gi to my laptop I get a really weird noise and I don´t know how to fix it , researching in the internet I discovered that roland had posted a patch to fix the problem but it doesn´t seen to work in my juno gi , I have my juno gi plugged to an ASUS X750J with windows 8 and also to a Roland KC-150 ,I also changed my cables a couple of times and nothing seems to happen but when I connect the juno gi to my old Sony vaio computer it works perfectly , I appreciate any help anyone can provide cause I think the juno gi besides the critics is a really good keyboard
Thanks and by the way sorry for my grammar
Xtrife

Re: Juno Gi USB connection noise

Post by Xtrife »

Hi there. I am also the owner of a Juno Gi and a Roland KC-150. I've yet to experience any usb connection noise though. Mine works just fine on both my desktop and laptop.

However, it does seem like the issue here is with your Asus, as it seems to work with the Vaio ok. Does it sound any better when you lower the volume from the asus laptop ?
There's also a sound option available if you go to control panel, from there you can right click the Juno device, on my PC its called "Out, 2-Juno-Gi". Have a look at it's properties there, see if anything needs to be changed, particularly on the advanced tab.
peregrino-negro

hi Xtrife thanks for the reply, No the noise keeps sounding when I lower the Asus as well for the juno gi , I checked what you said but stills the same weird noise coming out :( , again thanks for the reply you´re really kind :)
peregrino-negro

Funny thing that the problem seems to disappear when I connect headphones to the juno gi , but the problem persists with the KC, I swear this is driving me crazy D:
Xtrife

Post by Xtrife »

Does windows sounds or sounds coming from your computer sound ok when you use the headphones on the Juno?
peregrino-negro

jajaja the exact moment when you asked ,the problem appeared again , I don't know what else to do :/
Xtrife

Post by Xtrife »

pero que carajos! I really have no idea then. I was gonna say it might be a windows driver problem, but if that was the case, the keyboard sounds should still work ok.
peregrino-negro

jajaja me too , I really hope it is a driver problem cause if it is my computer I think I'm screw, I'll install windows 7 in this computer and maybe it will get fix ,also i'll post it here maybe this can help anyone having the same issue, And again Muchas gracias por ayudarme ;)
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

You need to update your Juno-Gi's firmware to the latest version. Roland released the latest firmware revision to correct the specific problem that you are describing. This is a problem with the way the keyboard's operating system communicates with its own USB port. The problem is internal to the keyboard. It is not a PC or drivers or Windows problem. Even if you just recently purchased your Juno-Gi, most of the units currently on retailers shelves are early production models that still have the original firmware version installed.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/detail ... downloads/

Click on: "JUNO-Gi System Update Version 1.11" and follow the prompts. You will receive a Zip file that contains the new firmware and instructions on how to install it.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
peregrino-negro

Hi tnicoson, I have already updated my juno gi to the latest software version ,it has the 1.11 installed but the problem remain the same, now I recently discovered that the issue is about waves interaction ,cause when I took the roland KC-150 away of the room the noise seemed to disappear , now the problem is about having the keyboard, the computer and the amplifier on the same room , If you know any other way to fix the problem please let me know. :) thanks for the kind reply
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

That is very strange. I have my PC with a 22 inch flat screen monitor, Roland SC-88 and JV-2080 sound modules, an 8 channel mixer, a 10 band equalizer, and a stereo amplifier all mounted right next to my Juno-Gi and am not experiencing any noise problems. Try running the Gi on batteries and see if the noise goes away. If it does, then you know the interference is coming in on the leads from the power adapter. If that is the case, you can try connecting the Gi to some type of "hard" ground. Most modern day keyboards really are not grounded very well, if at all.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
peregrino-negro

yeah this turn out to be a really weird thing but I hope it help anyone with the same problem luckily today I fixed the problem it was my Cisco wireless router ,why? who knows happily right know I'm playing my juno gi however I think tnicoson make a really good point and anybody experiencing this kind of issue should take his advice in consideration , anyway thanks for the fast replies you people just rock thanks a lot ;)
littlemink

Post by littlemink »

Hello, Just found this forum and post. I have exactly the same problem, and after ringing one Roland authorised dealer he told me it wasn't the synth, which it is ! Has anyone solved this problem please?