help! problems with my used Juno GI

Forum for JUNO-Gi
morganellington

help! problems with my used Juno GI

Post by morganellington »

I bought a used Juno GI and it boots up with the message "program error," I tried a factory reset with no change. I turned it off, removed sd card, booted it up with the sd card removed., no change. There's no midi, usb, any other odd cables plugged in. I turned it off, reinserted cd card, booted up and formatted sd card, then did factory reset again. no change except --
now the arpeggio isn't working. any presets that have an arpeggio applied are silent. turn on arpeggio for a preset and the whole keyboard goes silent. if split is on, the non-arpeggio portion plays but the arpeggiated part does not.
I got this on ebay so it's possible I should just return it. I don't care about cosmetics, but if the electronics are iffy, I'd rather return it. I'm just hoping I did something wrong that can be fixed.
tnicoson

Re: help! problems with my used Juno GI

Post by tnicoson »

Morgan

The time it took you to type and enter the above post may have been better spent packing up that Gi and sending it back. Anytime a keyboard acts up and a factory reset does not cure the problem, you are down to four options - send it back for a refund; send it in for (an expensive ? ) repair; get out the tools and repair it yourself; have a friend get out the tools and repair it for you. In this case - send it back post haste ! ! ! I think you may have found out why it was for sale on ebay. Too bad ! I have been trying to come up with a work around for your using its mic input as a mixer.

BUT . . . BUT . . . BUT . . . One thing you might try before shipping it back is a firmware reload. I have a feeling that's what that "program error" message is trying to tell you - the operating system is corrupt. If it got corrupted somehow on its own, a reload may fix it, but if it got corrupted by a bad or interrupted upgrade, then there is probably not much you can do to save it. It usually takes a service center reload to fix those.

Let me know how things work out. I may have a work-around for your original dilemma.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
morganellington

thanks so much ted. I fix copy machines at my day job and if this was a copy machine, I would be doing a firmware reload for sure. I am waiting for the ebay seller to reply to me before I decide to send it back.
morganellington

tried the software update today.
"checking (-26)
[ERROR] S Board error"

durn! its going back to seller now.
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Good choice, Morgan.

I hope all turns out well !

Regards,

Ted
jcosta

Post by jcosta »

Hey , I too faced the exact same error ... unfortunately enough the warranty is far over and I am really concerned whether this error / issue can be resolved in the first place. I've turned it in to a repair center. Any advise on whether this "[-26] S Board Error" issue is resolvable ? I tried a factory reset but it didn't work for me either....thanks !!