Juno Gi on a keyboard stand

Forum for JUNO-Gi
champ1979

Juno Gi on a keyboard stand

Post by champ1979 »

My Juno Gi does not sit flat on a new keyboard stand I bought. This is the stand I got: http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Classic-Sin ... oard+stand

It's mostly fine and playable, but there is a slight gap on the right end between the keyboard base and the stand bar. Wondering if this is normal, or if I should be looking to get a different stand.

Basically I'm wondering if the stand is the problem, or if the Juno Gi is just shaped that way that it would be the same with any stand.
tnicoson

Re: Juno Gi on a keyboard stand

Post by tnicoson »

Champ

I can think of two things that might be causing your problem. I have exactly the same stand as you and have no problem with it for my Juno-Gi. If you received your stand unassembled, you have to watch which way you mount the cross pieces to the "X" tubes - both the bottom (foot) cross pieces and the keyboard (top) cross pieces. If I remember correctly on this particular stand, the cross pieces are not even interchangeable from one side of the stand to the other and are not well marked as to which "X" tube each one connects to. If you get them wrong, the ends of the cross pieces will not be in line with one another when the stand is viewed from the end. This offsets the rubber end caps on the top cross pieces so that they do not engage the keyboard properly. I had to redo mine a couple of times before I got it right. Third time's a charm. That's when I found the markings indicating which way everything was supposed to go. I was doing it at 4 AM after a very long long day !

The other possibility is that you have one of the keyboard's "feet" sitting exactly on top of one of the top cross pieces while the other three are not - creating a three point wobbly mounting. Turn the keyboard up and look at its feet. Note that the back feet are spaced much wider than the front. It is best to move the keyboard slightly from side to side so that none of its feet sits on a cross piece, so that the stand's rubber end caps fully engage the bottom of the keyboard. On this particular stand, I didn't care for the way the rubber end caps engaged the bottom of the board, so I bought two pair of black thick cushy handle bar grips for mountain bikes (the type with some "tread" on them - not the smooth spongy type) , cut them off right behind the flanges, slit them down one side, cut out the end material, and snapped them onto the top cross pieces inside of the original end caps for a really nice cushy fit. I was going to put plastic tie-wraps around them, but they are springy enough and fit far enough around the cross pieces to stay on by themselves, and the original end caps keep them from sliding off. Now that I think of it, I may have done that for exactly the problem you are describing - that the original end caps are too thin and chintzy to make up for any structural misalignment of the stand. So, that might be your real answer !

I see that Gambler already replied to your other post about keyboard splits, so you should be all set for now.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
champ1979

Re: Juno Gi on a keyboard stand

Post by champ1979 »

Thanks Ted for the detailed description! I already had to redo the assembly twice coz I got it wrong the first time, but I'm going to try it again following your advice.