"Won't Get Fooled Again" on the Juno Gi

Forum for JUNO-Gi
cooley231

"Won't Get Fooled Again" on the Juno Gi

Post by cooley231 »

Interested if anyone has any insight as to the organ patch and setting used to recreate the synth sound on The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again"? I'm a novice and would appreciate any help you guys could provide.

Thanks
flyingace

Re: "Won't Get Fooled Again" on the Juno Gi

Post by flyingace »

I don't know if the patches for the Di work on the Gi, but I bought the Cover Pack from Leadsounds.com that has it on it. Sounds great, but takes a little work to get it sounding right. The Baba O Reilly sounds great too!

http://www.leadsounds.com/sounds-patche ... cover-pack
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Nah ! The Di sounds won't work on the Gi, Snoop. The Di uses the old "16 Part Performance" sound engine that we all grew up (old) with, while the Gi uses a 4 Tone LiveSet sound engine like the Jupiter 50 and 80. I wish the Gi could use them, as I see Roland has started to put some sound sets for the Di on the Axial website, but the Gi still appears to be somewhat of an orphan.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Good to know Ted, thanks for that info. Although after you made that comment about "porting sounds over to your Gi manually" makes me wonder if I took screen shots of the Di's editor with that sound loaded, would the OP be able to go in and manually set up that sound in the Gi?
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Snoop !

Screen shots would certainly be worth a try, as that is pretty much what I am doing in porting the JP-50 LiveSets to the Juno-Gi. The hardest part is selecting a Gi basic tone with a sample that sounds as close as possible to what was used on the JP-50. Even tones with the same names don't necessarily sound that much alike, so good substitutes have to be found, but once that is done, the rest is just setting up as many of the tone parameters as possible to get the Gi sound to match the JP-50's. The JP-50 engine does have some parameters that the Gi doesn't, but so far, I have been able to find plausible workarounds.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

I haven't forgotten about this, my daughter was staying with family out of town and took her Di with her! I hope to get those screen shots when she returns. I loaded the same patch from lead sounds on my Juno Stage (they have a set for the stage that is slightly different, more dream theater stuff, which i'm not really into). The Di set has waaay more useful patches for "WGFA" and "Baba O'Reilly" as well.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Okay, here ya go. I hope you can do something with these screen shots from the editor with the Patch "Won't get fooled again" loaded.

http://www.patrickburnett.com/clients/s ... creens.zip
cooley231

Post by cooley231 »

Thank you for your time. I will work with those screenshots and see what happens!

Thanks Again!!