Roland Juno Gi SPLITS

Forum for JUNO-Gi
LENCRAWLEY

Roland Juno Gi SPLITS

Post by LENCRAWLEY »

How many splits are possible on the Juno Gi ...I would like to create a Live performance with 3 split,s
any help would be appreciated
thanks
Len C
Miyagi

Re: Roland Juno Gi SPLITS

Post by Miyagi »

Hey Len!

For as far as i know you can create only 1 splitpoint. You can layer 4 sounds simultaneously, 2 upper and 2 lower sounds.
Hope that helps.

M.
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Sorry, Len !

I've been away for a few days and just saw your post on this:

As Miyagi has stated, the Gi's actual SPLIT function is just a quick way of splitting the keyboard into an UPPER and LOWER range with two layered tones in each range, but with a little editing within a LiveSet, you can do much more than that. A LiveSet allows you to have up to four tones active at the same time. If you turn on all four tones, but do nothing else, all four tones will be layered across the entire keyboard and will all play simultaneously. However, if you go into LiveSet EDIT and limit the KEYBOARD RANGE of each tone, so that no two tones overlap, you can effectively "split" the keyboard into four separate zones without even using the SPLIT function. You can adjust the octave pitch, level, and pan of each zone so that each tone sounds correctly with its proper pitch range, mix level and position in the stereo field.

I currently have a LiveSet with:

U1: Keyboard Range C6 - G9 / Pitch Octave Offset -1 / Level 100 / Pan 0 / Tone 430 JP Strings 1
U2: Keyboard Range C4 - B5 / Pitch Octave Offset -1 / Level 100 / Pan 0 / Tone 001 St.Piano 1
L1: Keyboard Range C3 - B3 / Pitch Octave Offset 0 / Level 100 / Pan 0 / Tone 253 Breathy Tenor
L2: Keyboard Range C - B2 / Pitch Octave Offset 0 / Level 100 / Pan 0 / Tone 538 Fat Bass 2

I have described a four tone split here as an example, but once you have learned how to do this, you can pretty much split and/or layer up to four tones any way you like. Start by selecting an "INIT LIVE" User LiveSet and press MENU, then ENTER for LiveSet Edit, then refer to the button labels at the bottom of the display screen to take you to the correct editing pages. Of course, you would want to save your creations as User LiveSets for quick call up in the future.

If you need further details, give a shout.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
LENCRAWLEY

Post by LENCRAWLEY »

Thanks again Ted & M for your help much appreciated
Len