Yamaha FC7 pedal sensitivity/range mismatch with Juno Gi

Forum for JUNO-Gi
GastroIntestinal

Yamaha FC7 pedal sensitivity/range mismatch with Juno Gi

Post by GastroIntestinal »

I recently bought a Roland Juno Gi, and then bought the FC7 based on recommendations here and reviews on Amazon. When I plug in the FC7 it does work out of the box, in that I can change volume/modulation/tonewheel speed/etc. I expected to have to change the polarity setting on the Juno Gi, but that was unnecessary.

Here's my problem: when the FC7 is all the way up (completely released) the setting which it is controlling does go to zero. However, as I depress the pedal, it reaches its maximum value within the first quarter or so of its travel, so the remaining three quarters of the pedal's travel have no further effect. As a result, I have to be very precise with my foot movement if I want anything other than 0 or 100%.

Just for the sake of thoroughness, I did toggle the polarity on the Gi's pedal setting, and the pedal's effects were reversed (fully depressed is zero volume/effect, fully raised is 100% volume/effect) but the range of pedal travel in which it went from 0-100% was still just as narrow.

Has anyone else with a Gi and an FC7 had this problem? If so, do you have any tips on how I might adjust the sensitivity, either on the pedal itself or the Juno Gi?
howardS

Re: Yamaha FC7 pedal sensitivity/range mismatch with Juno Gi

Post by howardS »

As you can see from these searches, the Yamaha FC7 is not directly compatible with the Roland EV5. I have two FC7 pedals that I use with my Roland gear. You either need to solder one of the ends, get an adapter like this or use this multiple adapter trick.