ROLAND JUNO G1 OUTPUT

Forum for JUNO-Gi
LENCRAWLEY

ROLAND JUNO G1 OUTPUT

Post by LENCRAWLEY »

Having recently purchased o Juno Gi I notice that the volume/output is nowhere as powerful as my older JUNO G yet all the levels are at maximum i.e 127
any help or ideas why this is

thank you
Len Crawley
tnicoson

Re: ROLAND JUNO G1 OUTPUT

Post by tnicoson »

Len

The Juno-G's spec sheet shows that it draws 2000mA (2 amps), while the Juno-Gi's spec sheet shows it drawing only 750mA (0.75 amp). I suspect that this is in keeping with the fact that the Juno-Gi has the option of being battery powered and is a way of ensuring longer battery life. Even though neither of these keyboards has power amplifiers for driving onboard speakers, higher audio output, even at the audio line-out jacks, means more current draw and shorter battery life.

I have also noticed that most keyboards produced in the past several years do not have the "phones" level output of the older boards, and I assume this is in keeping with modern hearing safety standards.

Regards,

Ted
LENCRAWLEY

Post by LENCRAWLEY »

Hi Ted
thanks for your response , that obviously is why I am not going the volume of the Juno G

thanks again

Len
johnsonpe

Re: ROLAND JUNO G1 OUTPUT AND PIANO SOUNDS

Post by johnsonpe »

In regards to the Juno output being low, turn on the EQ button on top right, then tweek the knobs to get more gain from the EQ. You can also access string resonance, amp models, and many different EQ settings in the EFX menu and route the sounds thru any of them to add gain. There are also global settings for the entire keyboard volume. Try layering pianos, add some string resonance or a quiet piano/string patch for some sustain, a little chorus (or detune slightly) then add a quieter low octave to the lower leys. Boost the mids with the EQ and BAM!!! What a killer piano sound. QUITE dramatically improved over the factory muffled sound. Oh, and don't forget to PUSH THE SAVE BUTTON!
LENCRAWLEY

Post by LENCRAWLEY »

John ..Yes I have upped the internal GAIN & it has increased the output volume quite a lot...thanks will try some of the other things also

thanks Len