SMF file playback help...

Forum for JUNO-Gi
Duckdrum80

SMF file playback help...

Post by Duckdrum80 »

Hi!

I've been using the Juno GI for lots of stuff in the past three years, and it has always been very useful. I'm now attempting to use the click out in conjunction with my drummer. Now, I am not much of a keyboard player and don't know a whole lot about midi or SMF files. However, I have figured out that I can play an SMF file on the board with the USB song player and it will produce a corresponding click. I can't seem to figure out how to make the midi file playback the particular sound I want it to play. All it will playback is a piano tone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
OGG

Re: SMF file playback help...

Post by OGG »

I am also in the same boat here and would like to know if anyone has figured out a way around this. The manuals offer no help at all. It's as if the .smf reader is only seeing note information. No matter what I try, I can't get it to recognize tempo or patch info. I have tried creating a variety of both type 0 and type 1 MIDI files in pretty much every DAW application imaginable, with no luck. Despite setting the MSB, LSB and Program data in each track, and using a MIDI sync track, it's a no go. Ableton, Cubase, SONAR, Studio-One, ACID PRO 7, ProTools... Makes no difference.

I know the Gi is pretty skimpy when it comes to MIDI implementation, but I can't believe there's no way to use the .smf player as a sequence player that can individually allocate patches to channels. If this is the case, Roland has completely screwed the pooch.
Fran6s

Post by Fran6s »

I also have the same problem !! please help !!!
Fran6s

Post by Fran6s »

Hi Guys ! After several weeks of research, "I finally understood" in Logic Pro X:
If you want to make a SMF beat or rythm for Juno Gi :
1. Create a New External Midi track
2. Select channel 10 (assigned to the standard drum)
3. Make or record your Midi Beat
4. Transmit it to the Juno Gi by using the SD card or USB

Tanks ! (^_^)
Canonuluvx

Post by Canonuluvx »

If you have problems using this forum to get help from.
This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.