Roland - Major shareholder has sold all its shares

Talk about anything here
howardS

Roland - Major shareholder has sold all its shares

Post by howardS »

I just saw this notice on a post over on the Keyboard Magazine forum. It is an announcement that there is a "Change in the Parent Company and Major Shareholder and Largest Shareholder" effective July 22, 2014. Hmmm....I wonder what changes this might bring to Roland products, if any.
Andy Keys

Re: Roland - Major shareholder has sold all its shares

Post by Andy Keys »

Blimey! I hope it's a positive move for Roland.
crooner

Post by crooner »

don't think the product line will get shut down.
dluther

Post by dluther »

There's also this press release that shows Roland US retaining Clyne Media Inc. to handle public relations and editorial initiatives.

It's the "editorial initiatives" that has me most concerned. Granted I've only recently started looking into the internal restructuring of Roland, but part of their 3-year business plan involves heavy concentration on North America, whenever you start talking about a PR firm handling "editorial" content, it's usually a bad thing.

You want unbiased product reviews. Whenever, say Keyboard Magazine is handed a piece of equipment there's always some haggling over editorial approval by the manufacturer. It's how something like "this thing is a piece of sh!t" turns into "this will certainly promote growth".