Musikmesse 2015 a bust?

Talk about anything here
Synthtron

Musikmesse 2015 a bust?

Post by Synthtron »

Is it me or is it to early to call but Musikmesse seems like a bust in the keyboard synth dept.
Yea we got to see the JD-XA and some modular stuff from Roland but where are the other manufacturers?
I know about the Nord stage thing.
Maybe it is too early to call but Namm was more exciting to me this year so far.
Tom_1970

Re: Musikmesse 2015 a bust?

Post by Tom_1970 »

Well, we had a pretty 'hot' NAMM just 3 months ago, so I wasn't expecting big things.
Just was curious if Yamaha finally came with something, but not even a new motif.

Modal electronics presented a range of products by the way.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

yea I saw the Modal stuff, but where were Korg and Yamaha? Dave Smith stole the show in my opinion at NAMM and Roland was a 2nd to me with the showing of the JD-XA.

In some ways I wish Roland waited to show anything of the JD-XA until Musikmesse. I had too much time to think about what it could have been.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Korg had their moment on the NAMM with their Arp Oddyssey and new Kronos, but I think they lost momentum because of all the other news (Prophet 6 for instance).
Yamaha is dead synthwise.
Well, we don't know if they have some cards up their sleeve, but it's way too long that they had something new.
Pitty, because I think when they had developed their AN1x/PLG150-an and FS1R more they could have made had some very nice instruments.

Access is also very passive on the market and Clavia/Nord is also not very interesting for me.

The Roland System-1m/Aira modular and System-500 took the biscuit in my opinion.